Go Down

Topic: Single digit, Seven segment Numitron program and pcb design needed. (Read 13316 times) previous topic - next topic

Daddyfredregill

The 1.27mm and .65mm piches. Which chips are those for?

Daddyfredregill

So the RTC I got looks like it is the 1.27mm pitch but I think both. Sot23-5 chips(booster and charger) are .95mm. I cant even find a .65mm option chip for either of those two.

wvmarle

SOT23-5 must have breakout boards available as well. All those package types do.
Quality of answers is related to the quality of questions. Good questions will get good answers. Useless answers are a sign of a poor question.

Daddyfredregill

Yeah i found some on ebay. Will tue .95mm pitch impact the pcb design alot?

wvmarle

Not at all, as I've simply selected the SOT-23-5 package in KiCAD. It knows how it looks like, and where the pads go, that's all in the libraries. For most packages I don't really know the actual dimensions, just make sure to select the correct package.
Quality of answers is related to the quality of questions. Good questions will get good answers. Useless answers are a sign of a poor question.

Daddyfredregill

Got all my parts in except my breakout boards. They are coming from China so hopefully they get here.

wvmarle

Daddyfredregill

Have you ever had any dealings with buying breakout boards and such on Ebay from China sellers? All the ones that I purchased had really high ratings. I am assuming they take so long because it is overseas.

wvmarle

I never buy from E-bay, I just go straight to Taobao, they're the cheapest. Usually shipping within 1-2 days and then 1-7 days for it to get to me depending on the method. Sometimes I've received things the next day, incredibly fast :-) It helps of course that all those electronics are from Shenzhen which is just across the border.

I've used element14 as well, great selection and often good prices, but shipping was remarkably slow - it had to come from Singapore, took them several days (it's just 4 hours on the plane so shouldn't be that long).

Go Up