Go Down

Topic: 6 high-power actuators, random motion functions (Read 210 times) previous topic - next topic

Air2air

Feb 04, 2018, 04:00 am Last Edit: Feb 04, 2018, 04:19 am by Air2air
Hi guys - I need a sketch.  Offering to Paypal if that is ok with the forum.

You guys are familiar with "continuum robots"...  Mine has 3 segments, each with X and Y movement = 6 channels. There's a construction photo below.

The goal is to loop short, random movement functions so it has an unpredictable life of its own.  Slowly, like a tree branch swaying.  It would run all day on exhibition for weeks at a time.

Hardware:

- 6 Creative Werks 110lb. actuators with potentiometer feedback.
- 3 L298 H-bridges that are melting and I need to upgrade.
- Mega 2560.
- Grove base shield and 3 joysticks for testing movement.

The sketch I need would include:

1. A reset function to center all actuators.
2. Proportional easing so movements are not sudden.
3. Run all 6 channels simultaneously.
4. A fail-safe to call the reset function if (paramexceeded).

For example, a single channel would move back and forth at (rand) speed, for ((rand)duration || (rand)distance - whatever you think is best). 

Working together, I can see lots of back of forth for optimization and tweaking, and more than happy to pay for that as well...

wvmarle

Sounds like a very interesting project - seeing the image I have a hard time imagining how it is to work.

The power sockets in the background suggest you're located in the US - too far away. This is going to be a nightmare to debug remotely.
Quality of answers is related to the quality of questions. Good questions will get good answers. Useless answers are a sign of a poor question.

Go Up