Go Down

Topic: Constructive criticism (and suggestions) welcome (Read 243 times) previous topic - next topic

Kaelnorr

Hi all, I have decided to delve into the realms of Arduino programming in order to expand my horizons.  My coding experience is rudimentary at best and I would like some feedback on my first attempt at writing an Arduino sketch.  The idea is to receive a SMS from a third party and turn on or off a specific light depending on the contents of the SMS.  This sketch uses an UNO, with a Tinysine GSM Shield and an Arduino 4 Relay Shield.  Whilst this sketch functions as intended I would really like to know if I could have perhaps done it a different way.  As I said, please let me know what you think. Code is below;

PS: I am too old and grumpy to deal with trolls so if you fall into that category please move along.

PPS: I tried to paste the code into the post but got told I exceeded the 9000 character limit so I have attached the file instead.

wvmarle

If it's not broken, why trying to fix it?

Just had a quick look at it and nothing spectacularly weird about it. And for sure there are many other ways to accomplish the same.
Quality of answers is related to the quality of questions. Good questions will get good answers. Useless answers are a sign of a poor question.

Go Up