Go Down

Topic: Cannot Install Library  (Read 152 times) previous topic - next topic

ChaeEatWorld

(This is an example using the Audio library by Arduino.)

Any time I attempt to install a library via Sketch -> Include Library -> Manage Library
I get an error that says:
"Invalid library found in C:\Users\Computer\Documents\Arduino\libraries\arduino_131210:"

There is a folder that is created called "arduino_131210" that contains no data or files.

I've updated my Java. Also tried to find out how to install the .zip library files manually, but don't really know where to find the .zip files at.

Any help would be appreciated!
Want to get some libraries installed, so I can start tinkering!

Delta_G

Jan 05, 2018, 12:36 am Last Edit: Jan 05, 2018, 12:37 am by Delta_G
I've updated my Java. Also tried to find out how to install the .zip library files manually, but don't really know where to find the .zip files at.
You just search on the internet for them.  Find the github or whatever page for the library you want and download it.  Extract the zip like you normally would for any other zip file and place the contents in the libraries folder in your sketchbook folder.  The files for the library need to be in a folder whose name matches the .h file without the .h. 

So for example say I go download the PowerLine library for writing X-10 codes here...  https://github.com/delta-G/PowerLine and then I unzip it with winzip in my Downloads folder or wherever. 

Then you need to move that into the libraries folder.  There might not be one, you might need to create it.  But it should be in the same folder where the IDE saves the folders with the sketches.  It should be called libraries all lower case.  Inside that folder I would create a folder called PowerLine and inside that I would place the files PowerLine.h, PowerLine.cpp, and PowerLineConstants.h that I got from the zip file. 

HTH!
If at first you don't succeed, up - home - sudo - enter.

ChaeEatWorld

Hey Delta_G, thanks for the response!
You're right, I can install libraries manually, which is awesome. Thank you for that!

What about the libraries that are found when I go, inside of the Arduino IDE, Library Manager.
Those ones all give me an error that says "Invalid library found in C:/..."

Any suggestions on that one, or where I could find the manual install online?
Thanks!

Delta_G

I don't know anything about the library manager.  Never used it. 

where I could find the manual install online?
Have you tried Google?  What library are you trying to get?
If at first you don't succeed, up - home - sudo - enter.

pert

It sounds like the same problem as this:
https://github.com/arduino/Arduino/issues/7024
which was determined to be caused by the antivirus software.

Try TEMPORARILY disabling your antivirus just long enough to try installing the library again. If that works you will need to adjust your antivirus software's settings to whitelist the necessary file, process, or folder to allow you to install libraries in the future with the antivirus on.

ChaeEatWorld

You rock! That was the case. I have BitDefender as well. Added it to my whitelist and off we go!

Thanks so much for the help! Much appreciated!

Go Up