error message after uploading sketch on Arduino Pro Mini. See below.

Hello!

Can anyone tell me what the error message means?

Binary sketch size: 3,168 bytes (of a 30,720 byte maximum)
avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00

Seems you are not very good at replying to the answers you are given on this forum. We have no idea whether any of your previous problems were ever resolved.

Nevertheless, on a Pro Mini, this means that the auto-reset function from the USB to TTL adaptor is not working, most likely because you have a "bogus" one from China and do not understand how to repair it.

Should you care to reply to this and provide a link to the USB to TTL adaptor in question, I can explain what to do.

Thank you very much for your reply Paul;

I am a novice to the Arduino micro controller world and gradually learning including C programming. What do you think I should do to make this work?

Pierre Salsiccia

Paul__B:
Should you care to reply to this and provide a link to the USB to TTL adaptor in question, I can explain what to do.

I' ll get the info on the USB TTL device interfacing arduino pro mini Atmega328 5V, 16 MZ version and get back with you.

Pierre

Yes, what I mean is - give us a weblink to the adapter you are using; where you bought it from, and a (fully focused, resolution no greater than 1024 by 768) photo of your setup of the adapter and the Pro Mini.

Hi Paul;
Problem solved!
I had misswired the FT232RL USB adaptor to the Arduino Pro Mini.
The correct wiring is:
Connect wire ( jumper) from FT232RL 3.3V to Arduino VCC
from FT232RL GND to Arduino BLK
from FT232RL TXD to Arduino RXI
from FT232RL RXD to Arduino TXO
from FT232RL DTR to Arduino GRN
Do not connect VBUS
Regards

Pierre Salsiccia

It would be interesting to know which adapter you are using. The genuine FTDI adapter has a six pin socket on the end and simply plugs onto the Pro Mini pins. You can plug it on backwards, but that is the only error you can readily make.