HELP: tri axis Accelerometer KXPB5 to arduino pin

hello,
i have a problem on my tri axis accelerometer i don't have idea how to use it to arduino. HELP! :~

Is this the page for the breakout board : http://www.e-gizmo.com/KIT/tri%20axis.html
The sensor is the KXPB5, made by kionix.
This is the page on the Kionix website: http://kionix.com/accelerometers/kxpb5
So it is a sensor with analog outputs, and it needs the 3.3V of the Arduino board as power supply.

I suggest to read the datasheet (twice) to try to understand how the pins should be connected.

will it work if i used only the ground the VDD and xyz pins like the adxl33xx..?

and is there a library for the kxpb5..?
sir i don't have idea. :expressionless:

Did you look at the links. And did you read the datasheet of the sensor ?
I can read the datatsheet for you, and write what's in there, but you have to read it yourself.

There are two versions :

• KXPB5-2050 (with analog outputs)
  • KXPB5-2353 (with digital interface SPI)

If the photo in your first post is the breakout board you have, you have the version with the analog outputs.
This pins are shown in Table 4 of the datasheet.
VDD = 3.3V (the sensor is made for 3.3V but also 5V is allowed)
GND = GND
Vmux : this is a outputs, don't connect it.
S0, S1, Aux_in, PD, ST : connect to ground.
X_output, Y_output, Z_output : connecto to three analog inputs of the Arduino, like A0, A1, A2.

Next time, if you want to buy a sensor, check out these sites:

i tried it sir. I just connect the vdd, ground, x, y,z pin. The output on the serial monitor is from 200 to 600. Is that ok sir?

According to the datasheet, also S0, S1, Aux_in, PD, ST should be tied to ground if they are not used.

You could tilt the sensor 90 degrees to the right, to the left, forward, backward and upside down. Do the values change ?

You could use the on-chip multiplexer if you are running short of analog pins - 2 digital pins to S0 and S1 enable you to route x,y or z to the Vmux pin - so only one analog pin then needed. That or just use 3 analog inputs for x,y,z.

Yes its very similar to the ADXL335 except that the sensitivity is 660mV/g instead of 330mV/g (that's at 3.3V - it will be 1V/g at 5V supply since its ratiometric).

Krodal:
According to the datasheet, also S0, S1, Aux_in, PD, ST should be tied to ground if they are not used.

You could tilt the sensor 90 degrees to the right, to the left, forward, backward and upside down. Do the values change ?

The range of the output is from 200 to 600 in 3.3v, is that ok? If it is ok i have 1 problem. The smoothing :slight_smile: of the ouput.