Measuring the weight of a beehive

Thank you for all the good ideas. keep them coming XD. I like the idea of a dummy beehive and the diy spring scale. One problem whith the spring idea is that the scale has to be placed directly under the beehive so it is not in the way when I work. to prevent the hive from lean over and tip in the wind I would need some short and hard springs. Then i would have to mesure very tiny contraction of the springs, maybe in tens of a millimeter. I am not sure how to do that.

@radman
A full hive can weigh up to around 100 kg. the extra 50 kg is just to be at the safe side.
The goal of the weighing is to check if the bees have enough food, having to little space, to see were the bees collect most honey(so i can move more bees over there), and to detect swarming(when the bees leave the hive).

@retrolefty
It looks that mabye load cells is the way to go. A beefy shear beam load cell, right under the hive should do the trick. On eBay there is a lot of el cheapo 20 dollar load cells, but none of them goes as high as 150 kg. In that weight class, i can only find industrial 300 dollar load cells :frowning: