whats with the attitude

Grumpy_Mike:

I don't like being told "maybe I should Google it for you?" since I have most likely tried to find the answer myself every way I know how

What about when the poster says, "i have been googling this for three days and I can't find anything" then you google the thing he is asking about and the top hit is exactly what he wants?

Well, I have also been the subject of that unfortunate circumstance. I once read a datasheet, found an abbreviated term I did not know, asked in a forum stocked full of self-proclaimed experts who snapped at the opportunity to publicly display their superiority, and got the expected response: "Try Googling it." To which I replied, "I did -- here are the top five results of my search..." None of which sounded like they had anything to do with the subject matter. The response to that was, "I got the answer on my first attempt by adding (another possibly obvious term that I hadn't thought to include)." OK, if you know those two terms are related, it cuts through the false positives pretty quick. Fair enough. The problem is, I didn't know what context the abbreviation came from. General mechanical term? Industry specific? A typo?

I offer this story only as a perspective. Sometimes the answer is so blatantly obvious .... if you know it already.

This doesn't necessarily excuse the legions of questions that can be answered by typing "Arduino + (thing)" and clicking "I'm Feeling Lucky", just something to keep in mind.