Netbeans C++

Hello.

Im looking for a bit help.

Im working at Arduino UNO at windows 7, with netbeans, or im surpose to, the problem is i don't realy know how i should make the program..
Im use to program on Linux, but my laptop is only windows 7..

How do i do so i can program C++ in netbeans with arduino Uno?

Thanks in advance..

NetBeans refers to both a platform framework for Java desktop applications, and an integrated development environment (IDE) for developing with Java, JavaScript, PHP, Python, Ruby, Groovy, C, C++, Scala, Clojure, and others.

Well, OK.

Im working at Arduino UNO at windows 7, with netbeans, or im surpose to

Working with Arduino makes sense. Using the newest board, the UNO, makes sense. Working in Win7 makes sense.

Why are you supposed to be using NetBeans? The Arduino provides a perfectly good IDE that properly invokes the compiler, the linker, and the loader. As a new user, you can hardly already have an issue with the IDE that the Arduino team provides.

Paul, sometimes you make me laugh.

Only someone who was not a programmer and who had no experience of any other development environment since the mid 1980s could consider the Arduino environment a "perfectly good IDE".

To answer the original question, all you need to do is set up the WinAVR command line parameters in Netbeans, or in many other IDEs. If you've installed the Arduino tools the AVR stuff is in the hardware\tools directory. (I used to use Netbeans, but got sick of its limited formatting options so I switched to Code::Blocks, and occasionally use TextPad on secondary machines)

You're probably best to compile the Arduino code into an object library, including the main() stub. That stuff is all in the hardware\arduino\cores\arduino folder.

Once you've done that - about an hour's work - it is C++ all the way, baby, in the editor of your choice.

Let me know if you need some help setting it up.

Only someone who was not a programmer and who had no experience of any other development environment since the mid 1980s could consider the Arduino environment a "perfectly good IDE".

I disagree.

At work, I use Visual Studio to do application development. I often have 3 or 4 instances running at once, working on different parts of applications that communicate with each other. The files I work on are typically small, because I embrace the concept of OO, and have lots of classes. Each class has a number of methods, and there are subroutines that break the methods down into smaller pieces.

Even with all that, though, some of the files run 60,000 lines, so code folding is essential. I know how to work in that environment.

However, when it really comes down to it, coding involves files that need to be edited, and Visual Studio provides a text editor.

For blinking an LED or making a robot turn left or right, to avoid obstacles, or go straight when there are none, the simple text editor provided by the Arduino IDE is good enough. It supports cut, copy and paste, find, and replace/replace all. That's about all it really needs to do.

There are a handful of functions that are used over and over. How many times do you need intellisense to tell you that pinMode takes two arguments and that the first is the pin number and the second is the mode? How often do you forget that the modes are INPUT or OUTPUT?

I didn't say that the IDE was a great editor, but I think that all beginners should use it until the limitations become obvious AND ONEROUS. By then, though, they know enough about the tool chain and the Arduino library structure, etc. to know what instructions for setting up Eclipse or NetBeans, or Code::Blocks are telling them to do.

If you want to help a newbie that thinks he/she MUST use an advanced tool to blink an LED, be my guest.

Hello to both of you :slight_smile:

Well, i can't make the IDE from Arduino to work 110%, but thats not why i would like to use C++ from netbeans.. The reason that i want to use C++ in Netbeans on my windows computer, is that im working at C++ (At the moment), on Windows and Linux Ubuntu. :slight_smile: So i wouldn't like to change to another language-type... :slight_smile:

Could i get some help with setting up my netbeans on windows? I would be glad to recive help :slight_smile:

The IDE adds the main() function and an init() function, and calls setup() once, and loop() in an endless loop.

In NetBeans, you need to replicate this structure.

Other than these limitations, programming the Arduino IS done using C++.

Okay.. Hmm, then ill you the normal IDE from arduino.. :S

Hmmm, im getting an error in the Arduino IDE:
avrdude: ser_open(): can't set com-state for "\.\COM12"

Anyone that can explain this?

The COM12 port is the only usb-port the board reacts on... At the moment..