Go Down

Topic: SMall personal 'home security' system using opposing magnets as switches (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

dmitribohn

Can any one guide me to a post or suggest a course of action. I am new to arduino and wish to learn quick.

My  'system' would have  multiple magnet switches (like on a window or door). I wish each magnet switch to be a separate entity in that if it is broken the adruino will acknowledge magnet #1, 2 or 3, etc was opened(or multiple openings).  The open magnet would set off an alarm.
I wish to be able to have a programmable delay that would allow me to set the time between open magnet and alarm sounding.
Once the magnet is placed back in contact the alarm is turned off.  I wish to have a display that tells me my set 'time delay', what magnet(s) was opened.
Any ideas, suggestions, guidance.

Thanks much gang. If you need any clarification feel free to critique.

Dmitri

knut_ny

Ny

dmitribohn

Could you elaborate on the reed-relays. I am a newbie to this. I'm and engineer but not an EE and familiar with all of the pieces.

Thanks

dmitribohn

knut_ny

I believe  its even possible to chain several sensons on a bus-line and be able to detect which are open/closed.
This can be obtained by adding unequal valued resistors and 1 analog input.
See also this very small one
http://www.hamlin.com/product-detail.cfm?productid=81
Ny

dmitribohn

Reed switch is nifty and small. Me likey. I saw some larger always on/off magnet set ups but this might make it more 'micro'.

Does anyone have a schematic of how I could make this device?? with all its bells and whistles. It's seems simple. Is there a tutorial that might move me along without having to learn C-language, etc.??

Any help would be most appreciated.

All of you posts have been very enlightening.

D

knut_ny

You decide WHAT you want to happen.:
*  trigger a shotgun
* start a siren
* send you an SMS
* start playback of barking
.. creativity is a good source for ideas.
You can make this MCU do whatever you want it to!
-------
Help if always near.  Nobody will do this for you, but a lot of people is willing to guide you.
There ale also a lot of info in forums and on youtube.
Ny

Go Up