Scotland Reveals Currency Plan

Looks like a good one.

Grumpy_Mike:
Looks like a good one.

"Do not pass Gretna. Do not collect 200 Numptie!"

Curse you @Grumpy_Mike! You owe me a new keyboard and a fresh mug of tea! XD

Despite the polls showing an almost 50-50 split I think the no votes will win (though I would prefer Yes). The yes voters are very vocal compared to the no voters and I suspect some are just saying yes to avoid getting their windows/heads panned in but when behind a polling booth will vote no.

Yes I think you are right on this one.
Have you seen the cover of this weeks Private ( ock ) Eye?

One letter says if they do get independence then every setback will be viewed by the English as not schadenfreude but tartanfreude.

Cover is a hoot.
Threat level raised from substantial Boris to severe Farage.

I'm just happy the hot topic on world news is not about US or ISIS for once.

Boardburner2:
Cover is a hoot.
Threat level raised from substantial Boris to severe Farage.

Yes that was good but that was the last issue.

For anyone not from the UK who wants to know what all this is about, I have just spotted this video. It's excellent

Hi,

Possible independence for Scotland, is that why our security forces here in Australia have gone on high a-lert?

Tom.... 8) (Spring has sprung, aaacchhhooooooo)

Stand them down.

Bless you. :slight_smile:

Darn it, I was hoping to pick up a cheap house/castle when the Scottish economy fell through the floor just after a yes vote.

Serious note: A huge amount of respect is due to both sides of the vote for the enormous turnout (in excess of 80%) - well done Scotland!

AWOL:
Serious note: A huge amount of respect is due to both sides of the vote for the enormous turnout (in excess of 80%) - well done Scotland!

I don't know what it says for me and the people (friends and family) I associate with in Scotland that they live in Glasgow, Dunbartonshire & Dundee (actually the ferry but close enough) and they all voted Yes.

Riva:

AWOL:

I don't know what it says for me and the people (friends and family) I associate with in Scotland that they live in Glasgow, Dunbartonshire & Dundee (actually the ferry but close enough) and they all voted Yes.

Interesting about Dundee - my wife is from Perthshire just next door, and there the vote was 60% "no".

At least I won't have to (pretend to) fight her deportation now.

AWOL:
Interesting about Dundee - my wife is from Perthshire just next door, and there the vote was 60% "no".

At least I won't have to (pretend to) fight her deportation now.

LOL
Mine is from Glasgow and she wants to retire back there when the time comes despite the better weather down here.

Dundee gave the greatest yes percentage and that surprised me as I expected the west to be yes and the east no. Also the islands were an eye opener as I would have thought they are the most independent already. At least no Stornoway black pudding shortage or price hikes.

AWOL:

And also the way the result is being accepted by both sides is a rare example of democratic acceptance that puts almost all the rest of the world to shame.

What?? No obstructionism? That's un-American!

SirNickity:

Precisely :stuck_out_tongue:

SirNickity:

Imagine the shenanigans if the Texans ever held a referendum to exercise their option to secede from the Union.
At least the two sides in the Scottish campaign weren't heavily armed.

Bagpipes and haggis aren't dangerous weapons?

Pete