Michael Margolis Cookbook Question?

Hello,

I am new to the Arduino community and have been reading several books on the subject. I came across Michael Margolis's great book on the Arduino Hardware and Software. There are many great example sketches in this book to get you on your way to completing your projects. I am also relatively new to the C programming language and C++ in particular. I have a particular question on sketch 15.10 in chapter 15 of his Cookbook. In this sketch he uses buttons on a web page to be able to turn an LED on and off over the internet using the Ethernet Shield. I have an application where I want to control a camera with a pan and tilt mechanism over the internet. Instead of buttons to turn LED's on and off I would like to have buttons on the page (left, right, up and down) that when activated would send serial commands to the camera hooked to a serial port on the Arduino Microcontroller. I was wondering what the modified part of the sketch would look like to accomplish this once I am able to connect the Arduino/Ethernet Shield to the internet successfully? Any help would be much appreciated.

Rick B.

Assuming everyone willing to help on this forum has read that book (or actually has it) is a big mistake towards getting some help...

I am of course not assuming that everyone in the Arduino community has read or has Michael Margolis's Cookbook. I agree this would be a bad assumption and I did not make it. However, Michael Margolis from what I understand is a key player in the Arduino community and it is not a bad assumption to think that someone on this vast forum would have a copy and have actually read it. In fact I think there might be quite a few people who have read it. If this avenue does not work then I will approach the problem I am trying resolve differently.

rbonari:
I am of course not assuming that everyone in the Arduino community has read or has Michael Margolis's Cookbook. I agree this would be a bad assumption and I did not make it. However, Michael Margolis from what I understand is a key player in the Arduino community and it is not a bad assumption to think that someone on this vast forum would have a copy and have actually read it. In fact I think there might be quite a few people who have read it. If this avenue does not work then I will approach the problem I am trying resolve differently.

I kinda lost you with these two sentences:

I am of course not assuming that everyone in the Arduino community has read or has Michael Margolis's Cookbook.

it is not a bad assumption to think that someone on this vast forum would have a copy and have actually read it.

However, I think I'm not that far off when I say that the ones that can most easily help you are the ones that don't need that book. And therefor would be wiser for you not to assume that most people have that book or read it. Don't get me wrong... but so far it seems like I'm the only one that am willing to help and I don't have the book.
But you're a big man, I'm sure you can figure this out by yourself.