Arduino sounds and smoke!

I have an arduino with a maker shield on top and a lcd on the breadboard on the maker shield. When I plug in the 9v power jack it makes smoke and something buzzs!
Help

Center of your 9v plug is positive?

idk its the one that plugs into arduino uno, same thing with usb plug

You haven't really given any details to help.

Look around your circuit for the part that is burned up.

It doesnt look like any part was burnt, but I am to scared to plug it in again

Did you assemble the Maker Shield yourself? If so you might have bridged a couple of solder pads or put the wrong part in. I'd check all the joints and parts very carefully just to be sure.

I once nearly burned out my Arduino by sticking a piece of wire between an analog in and a 5V pin with nothing in between. It only took a second or so for one of the chips to get hot enough to burn my thumb. I disconnected the thing before I could unleash the Magic Smoke and it still works fine, but I don't know if I'd trust it for anything 'mission critical.'

i_luv_arduino:
It doesnt look like any part was burnt, but I am to scared to plug it in again

There is something wrong with how you wired your circuit. Without schematics or actual descriptions using actual sentences (gasp!), there isn't going to be a magic answer.

As rujoking says, look for shorts in your circuit.

Take the shield off. Still smoke?

Sniff your boards for smokey goodness.

Connect the +5 and gnd from your shield to a power source? Smoke?

i cleaned the board with alchol to clean off the extra flux and it works

i_luv_arduino:
i cleaned the board with alchol to clean off the extra flux and it works

Likely, then - you had a short somewhere, and cleaning it removed the short. Here's a tip:

Get yourself a pocket microscope, or one of those USB microscopes off ebay; in a pinch, a jeweller's loupe will work, too. Use that to inspect your work carefully after you finish soldering a circuit (or part of a circuit). You'll be able to easily see cold solder joints, joints that need more solder, and solder bridges (as well as beaded solder; as you solder, the rosin can smoke and pop, throwing small blobs of molten solder around - which is a good reason to wear goggles, btw - but anyhow, those small balls can land and cause bridging). Rework, reflow, or clean up (using a dental pick or similar) those areas that need it, then re-check your work.