Determining blood pressure algorithm guidance

Hello,

I am developing a prototype to determine systolic, diastolic blood pressures and the heart rate of the user. I have done a bunch of research on the oscillometric method for calculating blood pressure and I understand how this works.

I currently have a working system that inflates a blood pressure cuff, stops inflatting at 160mmHg, and then deflates through the release valve. During the release, I have the arduino print out the reading from the pressure sensor. This is the analog signal placed into an equation to produce pressure.

Since I understand the concept of the oscillometric method, my question is where to go from reading in the data to determine blood pressure. During the deflation, the pressure slowly decreases, waits for first oscillation (systolic) pressure and waits until last oscilattion (diastolic) pressure. How do i take in the pump pressure, and decide if there is an oscilation at that point.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Since I understand the concept of the oscillometric method,

Evidently you don't understand the method, so you need to do some more reading.

I guess I didn't word the question in the best way. How can I determine that an oscilation is occurring and it's not just noise that causes the peaks in Vout of the pressure sensor?

I would look for a significant increase in the autocorrelation function of the pressure data, for some suitable range of time delays.

Genuine pressure oscillations due to heartbeat will cause peaks in the autocorrelation function to appear at a time shift of 1/(heartbeat frequency).