Your latest purchase

AWOL:
I just bought a new kitchen from crapkitchensRus.co.uk

I think I know them. Didn't we get about 1000 spam messages about them? And you know what the annoying thing is? (well, one of them). I don't even live in the UK!

It's like getting a message from "your" bank telling you to log on and "reconfirm" your account details. Except you don't bank with them.

Dremel tool to the rescue! Add a millimeter!

A bunch ($60 worth) of slightly out-of-spec schmartboards (not "schmart enough" they say, the grooves are too shallow). These boards still solder very well with drag-soldering, I've used them before.

http://www.schmartboard.com/index.asp?page=products_clearance

westfw:
Also, my own personal AED

Too many people in my circles have been dropping dead, and since an acquaintance pointed out that anyone can buy these now, it became untenable to perhaps not have one when it was needed. Sigh.

Fantastic idea.... my son learned to use one a couple of years back on his BLS medic training, and now he's an ILS he can use a manual one too. Every home should have one.

But, did you rather not consider that you move in the wrong circles? :smiley:

(reviving this thread from the 3rd page)
Just received my shipment of AbneyPark CDs. Connection to Arduino? Well, it is Steampunk music, and whilst Steampunk is not electronic (or electric) , one sometimes hides (Arduino) electronics inside to make the attraption work. And I found the music by going the reverse of what I just wrote.

A few of these:

See if you can guess what they are. :slight_smile:

That was part of an order for:

Adapter-things.

Crimper?

See if you can guess what they are. smiley

Some kind of cable clip?

Clip to hold a book open?

Looks like it clips onto a table and you pass a cable through it.

"Table" is close.

To be honest it is absolutely nothing to do with electronics. More like a party.

This vendor just happened to have them. :slight_smile:

For picnics, keeps the tablecloth from blowing away?

That was my first thought - tablecloth clips, but I assumed it had to be electrical.

For picnics, keeps the tablecloth from blowing away?

That was it.

I ordered the BNC adapter and was looking for other related items, and found these instead.

I was thinking the hole could be driven by a servo of some sort, though I was struggling to imagine the kind of arrangement where this would be applied.

I have never heard of Steampunk music, but I am intrigued. I really like the Myst soundtracks. If it's anything similar, I think I found a knew genre to heart on Internet radio stations.

SirNickity:
I have never heard of Steampunk music, but I am intrigued. I really like the Myst soundtracks. If it's anything similar, I think I found a knew genre to heart on Internet radio stations.

I tend to not follow most music (except the stuff done at renaissance faires, which is mostly irish inspired), but many of my steampunk friends think Abney Park (http://www.abneypark.com/) is one of the main steampunk bands.

I used to use the spring metal version of those in tech drawing.

MichaelMeissner:
I tend to not follow most music (except the stuff done at renaissance faires, which is mostly irish inspired), but many of my steampunk friends think Abney Park (http://www.abneypark.com/) is one of the main steampunk bands.

I had a listen to them. Definitely nothing like the Myst soundtrack, which honestly, I only correlated based on the website art. (sigh -- judging music by the album cover) Ren Faire is definitely a better description. Interesting stuff. Not quite my cup of tea though.

That latest Rush album, Clockwork Angels, is strongly influenced by steampunk. It's pretty good.