Go Down

Topic: SMA SunnyBoy Solar Inverter hack? - [SOLVED] (Read 949 times) previous topic - next topic

Watcher

Jan 04, 2018, 07:18 am Last Edit: Jan 26, 2018, 08:43 am by Watcher
Has anyone managed to get electricity production data from an SMA solar inverter via the inverter's Ethernet port?

The inverter normally sends all data to the central SMA sunny portal via the internet and users can then log on to their individual portal account to see the plant status.

I was hoping to get direct access to the data for processing on my arduino.

Anyone has any info on this ?

Riva

A quick google search finds this pdf that seems to imply the units use a Modbus protocol.
As the system is using Ethernet then maybe you can use Wireshark to help find the answers your looking for.
Don't PM me for help as I will ignore it.

Watcher

A quick google search finds this pdf that seems to imply the units use a Modbus protocol.
As the system is using Ethernet then maybe you can use Wireshark to help find the answers your looking for.

I cam across that info too.

However, only later versions of the inverters have TCP modbus. Mine doesn't.

So I was hoping to somehow use TCP/IP traffic.

Gaetanodd

have a look at pvoutput.org, thye have scripts to pull information from many inverter. Can't guarantee you will find your answer there but it's worth a try.

Watcher

have a look at pvoutput.org, thye have scripts to pull information from many inverter. Can't guarantee you will find your answer there but it's worth a try.
Thanks for the info.

Update: Managed to upgrade the inverter firmware and it now supports Modbus TCP.

It now easy to retrieve data with an arduino

Go Up