Has anyone used the DW1000 location chip?

Hello,

has anyone used this chip and knows how it works?

http://www.decawave.com/products/dw1000

Thanks

There is this news story DecaWave chip adds accuracy when locating indoor objects - CNET

Evidently external devices are required in addition to each chip. The system is undoubtedly expensive. I'm also very bothered by the fact that I would have to register with the company, just to download a f***g sales brochure.

The DW1000 chip can be bought at Digi-Key. It's white paper actually contains 40 pages of interesting information. But not the communication protocol, for that you will need to ask (buy?) their User Manual. Digi-Key also sells their Evaluation Kit for about 600$.

It's a QFN 48 chip and it requires a 4 layered PCB with special care to the antenna design, that's why they promised a module that is easier to integrate. Availability of the module is late Q1 2014.

Update: The DWM1000 module can be preordered at DigiKey.
The copyrighted source code is available for free. Just mail them.

hi guys,

I have sent a mail to the company for the header/Arduino lib file. No reply in last 2 days.

Do you know where can I download from?

Thanks for any reply

There was a Kickstarter campaign to develop a system that "successfully" completed (meaning, the developers got some money).

Whether there really is or will be a workable system is anyone's guess, but you can order one for 500 Euros here: We assess your RTLS needs for quick ROI - free of charge

Delivery is scheduled for Dec. 2015, but I suggest not to hold your breath.

While you are waiting, check out how outrageous the crowdfunding scene for technology has become these days: Crowd Funded Projects - Page 1

I am exploring the DW1000 lately. Glad to go together