Audio via FireWire

Hi there!
I'm not sure at all if my question should be in this topic concretely, if not just make me know I'm wrong!
I would like to ask you if it's possible to send audio via FireWire port in an Arduino board, I want to have a bluetooth "Airplay" at home and I already have an audio soundcard which connects via IEEE 1394, and as far as I know Arduino can have one of this interfaces. I still didn't purchase it and I was wondering to do it with a RPi, but since it doens't have a FireWire port (and seems it's not expandable that way) I will finally choose an Arduino board if I can use it by that purpose.
So do you think I could use this board with the FireWire port to send the audio to my external soundcard?

Thanks in advance!

From that page:

The original release of IEEE 1394-1995 specified what is now known as FireWire 400. It can transfer data between devices at 100, 200, or 400 Mbit/s half-duplex data rates (the actual transfer rates are 98.304, 196.608, and 393.216 Mbit/s, i.e., 12.288, 24.576 and 49.152 megabytes per second respectively).These different transfer modes are commonly referred to as S100, S200, and S400.

A lot of Arduinos only have 2 kB of RAM, so handling 100 Mbit is probably going to be a challenge.

and as far as I know Arduino can have one of this interfaces.

As far as I know it can't, so one of us is wrong :slight_smile:
Have you seen this capability of an Arduino anywhere you can post a link to.