[READ ME FIRST] Troubleshooting

Before posting on this section, take a look at the following troubleshooting infos that may save you some struggling.

[WIN] Cannot upload ("...arduino101load": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified)
Some antivirus recognize arduino101load utility as a virus. This is clearly a false positive and you shouldn't worry about it (all files are signed and any compromised binary would be stopped by the IDE). To avoid this, check your AV quarantine folder and give grants to arduino101load utility. If your AV doesn't automatically restore the file in its previous location, uninstall and reinstall the Curie core from Board Manager to restore the functionality

[OSX/LINUX] Error 74 on dfu-utils upload
If arduino101load is unable to upload due to "error 74", please replace "arduino101load" binary (you can get the location by turning on "Verbose upload") with this file. This is useful also for users on OSX 10.8 or older, because golang dropped the support for that OS. Remember to mark the script as executable after copying it in the correct location.

[ALL OS] CurieBLE, CurieBle, BLE libraries confusion
Some examples you could find on the web still use CurieBle API conventions. while very similar to official CurieBLE ones; porting is pretty easy and most of the times you obnly need to modify the "#include" so it uses the "capital" version. BLE library is instead the ongoing effort to add Central role APIs. No instruction or official APi will be published before the actual release of the updated library to avoid confusion (so if you track Github master you'll probabily need to rewrite consistent parts of your sketch)

[WIN] Drivers installation issues
If the driver installation fails (ARDUINO 101/GENUINO 101 with a red cross), please install the root certificate for the drivers using this instructions.
The problem should only appear on a fresh Windows7 (or if Windows updates are disabled)

[WIN XP] Drivers are not automatically installed

1. Open a command prompt (Win key + R, the type cmd) and go to "C:\Documents and Settings<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Arduino15\packages\Intel\tools\arduino101load\1.6.4+1.18\drivers"
    Once there, run [b]dpinst-x86.exe /lm /sa /sw /se /f /path [/b]
  2. If the hardware Wizard comes up, have it "install from a specific location":
    C:\Documents and Settings<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Arduino15\packages\Intel\tools\arduino101load\1.6.4+1.18\drivers

Reset the board using MASTER_RESET button to make sure Windows loads the drivers the remaining drivers - you may have to go through Hardware Wizard one more time.

[WIN] Uploading issue: Cannot open DFU device 8087:0aba
If the board stucks during upload and this message is displayed, please execute the following steps

• connect the board to another USB port (USB3 ports has been reported to behave more reliably)
  • connect the board and press MASTER_RESET; keep pressing it once every 3 seconds until the drivers get installed correctly. From now on the upload will work as expected

[WIN] Upload fails with FINDSTR: cannot open
The current uploader for 101 has a bug for paths with spaces in them. Intel has already fixed it but they haven't released an updated core.
To fix manually, go into
C:\Users\yourUsername\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\Intel\tools\sketchUploader\1.6.4+1.14/clupload/ and replace cluploadArduino101_win.sh content with this one
Solved with core 1.0.5

[OSX] Uploading issue: Cannot open DFU device 8087:0aba
It seems that this problem is originated by a faulty driver for the internal Bluetooth adapter you can find in some Macbook. To solve it, download this file , extract it and then copy distrib/osx/dfu-util into /User/$yourUsername/Library/Arduino15/packages/Intel/tools/arduino101load/1.6.4+1.18/x86/bin
This method is still in testing so please report if it works in your environment

[Linux] Uploading issue: Cannot open DFU device 8087:0aba
If you see this, you probably miss an udev rule to access the 101 without being root. Execute sudo ~/.arduino15/packages/Intel/hardware/arc32/2.0.2/scripts/create_dfu_udev_rule, log out and login again to get the correct permissions

The link to cluploadArduino101_win.sh is not working. I have the space in my username issue. Please help.

@finding_bemo,
link fixed, thanks for pointing it out.
The updated core version is arriving so all these problems will be solve in mainline

Continuing to receive the following error when trying to load sketches to the 101:

___REMOVE___/arduino101load ___REMOVE___/x86/bin C:\Users\CYBERP~1\AppData\Local\Temp\buildda613a5daf856de281c8259b43259aa0.tmp/HMC5883L_simple.ino.bin COM3 verbose 
java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "___REMOVE___/arduino101load": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified

This relates to post Receiving BASH errors on compile - Arduino 101 - Arduino Forum

Please help. This is getting frustrating and holding me up from doing anything useful with the board. Will the new core help with this issue?

MJS

Hi Mike,
the core is going to be released very very soon, don't worry :slight_smile:

Hi facchinm

Looks like that fixed the upload problem. It was getting real frustrating.

Thanks
Mike

Starting download script...
Flashing is taking longer than expected
Try pressing MASTER_RESET button
ERROR: Device is not responding.
El dispositivo no está respondiendo, comprueba que el puerto está bien seleccionado o RESETEA la placa antes de exportar.
ESTO ES LO QUE APARECE CONTINUAMENTE ....

no hay manera de conseguir que funcione con windows 7 64 Bist . antes de la actualización si funcionaba ahora es imposible hacer nada. el mensaje siempre es el mismo........

El Sketch usa 41.878 bytes (21%) del espacio de almacenamiento de programa. El máximo es 196.608 bytes.
ERROR: Device is not responding.
El dispositivo no está respondiendo, comprueba que el puerto está bien seleccionado o RESETEA la placa antes de exportar.

Problem:
1.6.4+1.14 folder does not exist in sketchUploader folder,
only 1.6.2+1.0

for the solution:
"[Linux] Uploading issue: Cannot open DFU device 8087:0aba
If you see this, you probably miss an udev rule to access the 101 without being root. Execute sudo ~/.arduino15/packages/Intel/tools/sketchUploader/1.6.4+1.14/scripts/create_dfu_udev_rule, log out and login again to get the correct permissions"
but..

Ubuntu*, IDE 1.6.7
On Mac Genuino101 works fine with Arduino IDE 1.6.7

What should I do?

so, I've downloaded the cert and it is in my Downloads folder... the 101 still down't work. Should I place the file somewhere else?

Mikal T.

On windows 10 - does not upload any sketches.

Go to the board manager and install the 101 package - the BM is hilarious, all 3 versions (1.04,1.05 an 1.0.6) install a file called arduino101load.exe - during hte install if you go to the folder it appears for a second - then the file vanishes (not the install is stuck on the windows "Do you want to allow this app to make changes ?" dialog. So how the file can be there, open the folder and it vanishes is beyond me.

It should be in this folder

~/AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\Intel\tools\arduino101load\1.6.4+1.18\arduino101load

So when I go to upload JAVA uploader throws an exception and I get a lovely stack trace (why can the uploader catch exceptions and report a sensible error - without a ST - is it shipped in debug mode ?)

ava.io.IOException: Cannot run program "C:\Users\mobrien\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\Intel\tools\arduino101load\1.6.9+1.24/arduino101load/arduino101load": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1048)
at processing.app.helpers.ProcessUtils.exec(ProcessUtils.java:26)
at cc.arduino.packages.Uploader.executeUploadCommand(Uploader.java:130)
at cc.arduino.packages.uploaders.SerialUploader.uploadUsingPreferences(SerialUploader.java:209)
at cc.arduino.UploaderUtils.upload(UploaderUtils.java:78)
at processing.app.Sketch.upload(Sketch.java:1186)
at processing.app.Sketch.exportApplet(Sketch.java:1160)
at processing.app.Sketch.exportApplet(Sketch.java:1132)
at processing.app.Editor$DefaultExportHandler.run(Editor.java:2409)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.create(Native Method)
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.(ProcessImpl.java:386)
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:137)
at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1029)
... 9 more

Incidentally this isnt the first time Intel have not bothered to sort out products in the embedded range, I recently bought a DX2000, absolutely impossible to get anything working - no support - forums empty - IDE (eclipse based) doesnt work at all, had to manually change all the make files to even ge the examples to compile. Stay away from Intel IMO !

marcusobrien:
On windows 10 - does not upload any sketches.

Go to the board manager and install the 101 package - the BM is hilarious, all 3 versions (1.04,1.05 an 1.0.6) install a file called arduino101load.exe - during hte install if you go to the folder it appears for a second - then the file vanishes (not the install is stuck on the windows "Do you want to allow this app to make changes ?" dialog. So how the file can be there, open the folder and it vanishes is beyond me.

It should be in this folder

~/AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\Intel\tools\arduino101load\1.6.4+1.18\arduino101load

So when I go to upload JAVA uploader throws an exception and I get a lovely stack trace (why can the uploader catch exceptions and report a sensible error - without a ST - is it shipped in debug mode ?)

ava.io.IOException: Cannot run program "C:\Users\mobrien\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\Intel\tools\arduino101load\1.6.9+1.24/arduino101load/arduino101load": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1048)
at processing.app.helpers.ProcessUtils.exec(ProcessUtils.java:26)
at cc.arduino.packages.Uploader.executeUploadCommand(Uploader.java:130)
at cc.arduino.packages.uploaders.SerialUploader.uploadUsingPreferences(SerialUploader.java:209)
at cc.arduino.UploaderUtils.upload(UploaderUtils.java:78)
at processing.app.Sketch.upload(Sketch.java:1186)
at processing.app.Sketch.exportApplet(Sketch.java:1160)
at processing.app.Sketch.exportApplet(Sketch.java:1132)
at processing.app.Editor$DefaultExportHandler.run(Editor.java:2409)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.create(Native Method)
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.(ProcessImpl.java:386)
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:137)
at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1029)
... 9 more

Incidentally this isnt the first time Intel have not bothered to sort out products in the embedded range, I recently bought a DX2000, absolutely impossible to get anything working - no support - forums empty - IDE (eclipse based) doesnt work at all, had to manually change all the make files to even ge the examples to compile. Stay away from Intel IMO !

Thank you, @marcusobrien! I'll test it on my W10 system today.

Hello @facchinm,

I am having problem on my Windows 8.1 laptop. The laptop recognizes the device, but can not find required driver files.

After seeing your post, I went to the folder AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\Intel\tools\arduino101load\1.6.9+1.28 and ran post_install.bat.

Now, Device Manager lists Arduino 101 USB Composite Device (COM5) under Ports, and 2 GENUINO 101 under Other Devices. And, Arduino IDE does not list COM5 under Ports.

The Linux instructions worked for me:

[Linux] Uploading issue: Cannot open DFU device 8087:0aba
If you see this, you probably miss an udev rule to access the 101 without being root. Execute sudo ~/.arduino15/packages/Intel/tools/arduino101load/1.6.4+1.18/scripts/create_dfu_udev_rule, log out and login again to get the correct permissions

There's a message apparently from the bootloader that the program will start in 5 seconds.

SUCCESS: Sketch will execute in about 5 seconds.

Annoying, in that it appears to introduce a response delay during which void setup code runs. I added a two second delay to the beginning of my setup code to see all the expected TTY debug output.

–Dr Doug

Hi @Dr Doug,

you can call

Serial.begin(115200)
while !Serial {}

to make sure you can read every line of your sketch (in fact, the sketch execution gets delayed until you open the serial port)

I'm getting the text

SUCCESS! Sketch will execute in about 5 seconds.

But then nothing happens.

I am trying to complete the Gesture Recognition Using Accelerometer and ESPproject.

After I select "COM3" under the "SELECT A SERIAL PORT" menu, I press 1 to start recording. After pressing 1, an error message appears, saying "ESP.exe has stopped working", and then ESP.exe closes automatically.

I've troubleshooted by checking to see if the Drivers for the Arduino 101 board were installed. Both of them are.

Any suggestions?

UPDATE: Solved my problem. Downloaded the Readme and uploaded the sketch in that file. Working now. Nice!

Hello,
My username is my first name space my last name and it's throwing a file not found error on compilation citing the first half of the path before the space. I'm using the latest tools and corelib on Windows 10, what's up?

@WALLTECH

GO HERE RIGHT AWAY !

Then when you come back you will know how and what additional information is needed and maybe even if you are in the correct section ?

Linux only - the script to add udev rules described in the documentation https://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Arduino101#toc13 has been moved to ~/.arduino15/packages/Intel/hardware/arc32/2.0.2/scripts/create_dfu_udev_rule

Run as root (sudo) if you cannot upload sketches and see this error:

Perhaps someone can update the documentation?