How can i upload a arduino nano sketch from a web site

Hi all
I have just purchased my first arduino nano, and have completed a few small programs, ie the blinking LED etc. I have also purchased the getting started with arduino by Massimo Banzi.

Whilst not trying to run before I can walk, I would like to down load a pre made sketch from an internet site. It is one written by bill porter, and it enables a PS2 controller to communicate with the Arduino nano. But I can not find how I can download the sketch to appear on my arduino sketch pad. I have installed it into the arduino library, but I keep getting an error code.
so any help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you Roger

Have you tried to highlight the text of the program then copy and paste the text into the IDE?

Weedpharma

Thank you for answering.
The sketch is just a file I downloaded from the bill porter website.
I seem to be able to only open it up in word pad and its is just a mess of data and numbers is this the (C) code. Or do I have to open it up in another program, on line, as I have tried several other ways to open the file on my lap top but it says unable to open as it requires another format. it does say it is (C) language.

Supply a link to the file you want to use.

Weedpharma

Could you give any more instruction on that, IE, how would I supply the link. I have opened up the file in word, copied then paste it to the arduino sketch whilst it did work. it kept coming up error.

Are you having problems with copying the file or with the code compliling?

If it is not compiling, supply he code.

Please put your code in its own window as seen in other posts. This can be done by placing     [code] and [/code]  around the code. This makes it easier for others to read.

Weedpharma

Are you saving the code as text, or RTF?

ur code?
it must check..