Go Down

Topic: PDF of book that comes with the Arduino starter kit (Read 144232 times) previous topic - next topic

ahuss

Well this is just great, the book has errors and I find out after I buy it.
This is why Im getting confused with this stuff. I want to learn about electronics but get a crapy bok. Its a good things there no pdf. First they should fix it. Open source, yeah right. All about saving money

Can anyone recommend a good simple beginner book I can learn all I need to about the basics and maybe a bit more.
Thanks

dannable

About the basics of what? Programming or electronics?

And which country are you in? That may affect what people suggest.

(And you might want to post the question in Bar Sport, more people read that!)
Beginners guide to using the Seeedstudio SIM900 GPRS/GSM Shield

ahuss

will do thanks

As for the book recommendations, I was hoping for something about electronics, in the UK although I can import books too.
Thanks

dannable

Try 'Mastering Electronics', written by John Watson, published by MacMillan / Palgrave. You can pick up a second hand copy cheaply on the used book web sites, personally I use www.abebooks.co.uk but obviously there are others.

jb63

I have the book too, and the reason (obvious) that the authors picked such a color for printing tells me they did not want peope to copy freely and distribute. Gray and light colors do not scan too well.

dannable

The book is the 'value' in the kit. If they released it as a pdf people wouldn't need to buy anything from Arduino, and don't forget that sales of official items pay for this web site.

csanyi_pal

Hi,

I have the book too, and wish to have it in PDF format too.

Best, Pál
Best, Pali

csanyi_pal

Hi,

I have the book too, and wish to have it in PDF format too.
Best, Pali

srlatto23

I would like to purchase just the book or a pdf of the book and I was wondering if anyone knew if either was possible

CrossRoads

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

Nick501

Errors: in the printed manual, Fig 2, p22 is totally wrong regarding electric current, which is fundamental.  It should read, something equivalent to, Current at 1 = current at 4.  Current at 2 plus the current at 3 = current at 1 = current at 4.

What is actually written is nonsensical and completely misleading.

Brilliant kit and project though.  Hard to reprint a hard book, but they could insert a leaf as an erratum at low cost.

mark117h

Hi,
I was thinking of purchasing one of the starter kits from my local maplin here in england,
However reading about the starter book having these errors is worrysome.
I'm a firm believer in good knowledge can be gleaned from a book,
But with potential errors for someone like me who is new to arduino could be troublesome, especially if you cannot complete the said tutorials due to some printing errors.

Maybe a pdf could resolve this issue, "But" i have also seen PDF's with these errors too,
So it is like a catch 22, you'r damned if you do, and you'r damned if you dont.

Still i will get the kits and probably the book too as i need to learn Arduino for some projects i would like to get rolling.
Cheers
mark117h
The Brave Conquer The Fearless.

dannable

madis

I got the kit & book too, great package. One problem: it is very frustrating having to take the book in hand to read and then type the code or to verify some circuitry. The book binding doesn't let it stay open so i can't put it on the table as it will close on its own. Please have some decency and make the book downloadable. Thank you.

Astenor

Apr 27, 2016, 08:13 am Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 07:27 am by Astenor Reason: URL not well formated
It may be too late but I've copied some projects of the "starter kit" book in English and translated them in French here (with even some fix and add-on) : http://astenor.free.fr/Arduino

Projects 9 to 15 are done.
I propose them under Word and PDF format, in English and French.

I hope this can help.

I'll be glad to have some feedback about mistakes. Some are fixed and highlighted in yellow in a 2nd document when I detected mistakes).

You can join me on Tweeter @Astenor, or send me a reply here.

Go Up