Maker Faire Rome 2015

For me the Fair was good. Shame about "too much Italian", but as it is in Italy, and only few hobbist and likeminded can afford the time&money for a trip to Rome, I suppose that is the way it is. At most stands there was material in English, or an English speaking member, so I got answers and explanations where needed.

It is big. I used most of my two and a bit days to actually go and to see every stand. After that I was tired and there was a few hours left. Bought an Genuino and Tshirt as souvenir :wink: And a HackLace

I was much amazed at the translation services for some of the talks given - even though I was the only non-Italian listener, the translator got into her box and did a good job. (Hard to translate technical talk.) :slight_smile: It was a shame that it was not clear in the program where translation was and where not. It was doubly sad, that even though some speaker suggested the talk in English, that the major audience was Italian with a few non-english listener, so I lost out. :confused:

I suggest that the European Edition goes to different european cities - each year - otherwise it might as well be called MakerFaire - The Italian Edition. Nothing wrong with Italy or Rom in itself, but only 10 or 20 % of the stands were from outside Italy. So what about all the good makers in Spain, Germany, Poland, France, Netherlands etc... (Yes, they have their own faires, but why should the Italian have the title European?)

(the bit about Rome as a turist city ... off-topic -> another thread. I had a nice time)