Arduino and LCD, screen just shows mumbojumbo squares. [Solved(Stupid mistake)]

So I'm trying to get my arduino to co-operate with me on this LCD, but the LCD only shows squares and I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, could anyone here please help?
pictures of my setup: http://imgur.com/a/SgAXs
the 4-7 pins of the LCD goes to the 4-7 on the arduino, 2-3 are RS and E, since I'm only gonna write i grounded the R/W pin.

... and I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, could anyone here please help?

Judging from the colors of your wires it looks like you are aware of the fact that your LCD has a non-standard pinout (as do most that have the row of pins below and to the left of the display).

We have to see both ends of each wire as well as the code you used (or at least the LiquidCrystal lcd (...) contents), in order to do any troubleshooting.

Don

Oops, sorry about that.

Here is a picture of the conntection between the LCD and the arduino, might be a bit hard to follow the wires.
Imgur

The command im using is:
LiquidCrystal(2,3,4,5,6,7);
then i begin with
lcd.begin(16,2);
then to print random text i go
lcd.print("text");

I don't know if this will help but the LCD is named ATM1602b, if you know anything about that one. And yes i kinda figured out that my LCD wasn't standard since it count -1,0,1,2...14 pins and in the manual it calls the -1 for 16 and the 0 for 15, which makes the pins count 16,15,1...14. But those two(15-16) was only for the backlight.

I just realized I've put the last 2 wires in the wrong position, i feel so dumb. Don't worry i know where the door is, ill lead my self out... :blush: