Go Down

Topic: Uploading error: Cannot open DFU device 8087:0aba on PC [PARTLY SOLVED USB 3] (Read 13079 times) previous topic - next topic

facchinm

Glad to hear that someone bypassed the problem in some way :)
Since this problem affects only certain computers and I can't reproduce it, I've patched dfu-util but I'd ask you to test it in your environment.
The binaries are here

Once you download the zip or tar.gz file, you should extract the right binary to the right location

Windows: copy distrib/windows/dfu-util.exe and distrib/windows/libwinpthread-1.dll into C:\User\$yourUsername\Appdata\Local\Arduino15\packages\Intel\tools\sketchUploader\1.6.4+1.14/x86/bin

OSX: copy distrib/osx/dfu-util into /User/$yourUsername/Library/Arduino15/packages/Intel/tools/sketchUploader/1.6.4+1.14/x86/bin

Linux: copy distrib/linux$arch/dfu-util into ~/.arduino15/packages/Intel/tools/sketchUploader/1.6.4+1.14/x86/bin

Please report here if this fix solves the upload problems (on all USB ports)

circuitpeople

No luck for me (using the above bins) with the example Blink...

Code: [Select]

Sketch uses 29,989 bytes (15%) of program storage space. Maximum is 196,608 bytes.
starting download script
Args to shell: C:\Users\Lee\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\Intel\tools\sketchUploader\1.6.4+1.14/x86/bin C:\Users\Lee\AppData\Local\Temp\build9c9ef3bdfe2fccb480bc6e4bac749e41.tmp/Blink.ino.elf COM5 quiet
Serial Port PORT
BIN FILE C:\Users\Lee\AppData\Local\Temp\build9c9ef3bdfe2fccb480bc6e4bac749e41.tmp/Blink.ino.bin
Waiting for device...
Cannot open DFU device 8087:0aba
ERROR: Timed out waiting for Arduino 101.

bobdabiulder

I'm having this issue.  I already returned an Arduino 101 to SFE because it was physically unattractive (alignment was off on many parts), so this is my second.  Both have had this issue with the software.  I don't know what it is.  All I know is that it should be fine, but it isn't.  Intel needs to fix this, or I'll never buy an Arduino/Intel joint product again.  I hope this gets resolved, I don't think SFE is that happy about this refunding   thing...

RichardWilson

Hi Everyone,

I have the same as BillS101 above.   But I can only upload code to the Genuino 101 from my laptop USB port.  It does not work on any of my desktop PC USB ports USB3 or below.  I get the "Cannot open DFU device 8087:0aba" error.

When I was installing the 1.6.7 IDE on my laptop and the drivers, and plugging in the cable I got the attached message.   (This is on Windows Pro 7)

This shows that the Arduino 101 Serial Monitor installed OK, but the Genuino 101 device is unplugged, even when it is plugged in.   This is on my laptop and I could upload the blink sketch and it worked.

Looks like the driver is not recognising the board, but on some USB ports it still works.

Hope this help?    I hope this can be fixed very very soon as I am hoping to use the 101 in a new multi board project.

Regards to all :)

mfaella

I have the same issue with my Genuino 101 on Windows 7 64bit and the posted binaries didn't solve it:

Sketch uses 29,989 bytes (15%) of program storage space. Maximum is 196,608 bytes.
starting download script
Args to shell: C:\Users\Marco\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\Intel\tools\sketchUploader\1.6.4+1.14/x86/bin C:\Users\Marco\AppData\Local\Temp\build9c9ef3bdfe2fccb480bc6e4bac749e41.tmp/Blink.ino.elf COM1 quiet
Serial Port PORT
BIN FILE C:\Users\Marco\AppData\Local\Temp\build9c9ef3bdfe2fccb480bc6e4bac749e41.tmp/Blink.ino.bin
Waiting for device...
ERROR: Timed out waiting for Arduino 101.

The same board works on MAC OS.

cvonk

I noticed that `dfu-util -l` only returns a list of devices the first few seconds the Arduino 101 is just plugged in, or after pushing a RESET button.

I get the impression that the board is not reset before uploading, despite the `boards.txt` containing use_1200bps_touch=true`.  This function responsible for resetting appears to be
`arduino-core/src/cc/arduino/packages/uploaders/SerialUploader.java`

Tried the patched dfu-util.  No difference.

/coert
Windows 10, arduino 101 connected to USB3, other USB devices disabled through device manager.

Hokahonay

hi all
I also bought one a month ago and had the same problem
the 'fix' didn't work for me either, I give in, I'm returning my 101 for a refund as I cant afford to waste any more effort or money on it.
sorry Arduino you other products are good but until it's sorted this one is a white elephant I would have expected better from intel and for them not to drag their heels on it when there is a problem
for now i'll wait until it works

rduraope

Hi there,

Did anyone find a solution for this issue?

My laptop doesn't have any 3.0 port so I'm a bit stuck...

sandeepmistry

Would those having issues, please enable verbose upload mode in the IDE, by going into the IDE preferences and checking the "upload" box next to "Show verbose  output during:".

Then provide the output of a failed sketch upload.

SVGEST

Last week (!) I received my pre ordered Genuino 101. So I have waited a long time. But I have the same problem as mentioned in the first post.

I have a DELL XPS 8300 I5 Windows 7 64bit pc with no USB3.0. So yesterday I have bougth a 3.0 card and installed it in my computer. Unfortunately, ... it did not solve my problem. So USB3.0 is not the solution.
I have tested the 101 on a brand new DELL laptop with Windows10 and with an usb3.0 port, and then I have no problems at all.

What's happens on the XPS ; when I plug in  the genuino appears in the 'other devices' tab in the device manager as Genuino 101. After a few seconds it appears in the section 'ports' as 'Arduino 101 Serial Monitor (COM8).
When I upload the program, the pc seems to lose the connection with the arduino because you hear the disconnect sound and it appears again in the 'other devices' section and after a few seconds you hear the connect sound and it appears in the 'ports' section.

When I use an UNO, it appears directly in the COM section and you don't lose connection when you upload a program.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers serveral time but it seems that the driver for the genuino 101 (when it appears in the 'other devices' you can look for the properties), is not installed. When you try to install the driver, there appears a message that says that there is found a driver but there was an error with the Arduino 101 DFU Interface. 

Jantje

I have a intel nuc and the 101 is connected to USB3 on the front.
As this is an all intel solution you would expect it to work, but I have the same issue and just like all others... I'm not ammused.
Here the verbose output on my system

Sketch uses 29,994 bytes (15%) of program storage space. Maximum is 196,608 bytes.
C:\Users\jan\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\Intel\tools\arduino101load\1.6.4+1.18/arduino101load/arduino101load C:\Users\jan\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\Intel\tools\arduino101load\1.6.4+1.18/x86/bin C:\Users\jan\AppData\Local\Temp\build68e0ac7fca7a8709d6c299f59591089e.tmp/Blink.ino.bin COM5 verbose
Starting download script...
Args to shell: [C:\Users\jan\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\Intel\tools\arduino101load\1.6.4+1.18/x86/bin C:\Users\jan\AppData\Local\Temp\build68e0ac7fca7a8709d6c299f59591089e.tmp/Blink.ino.bin COM5 verbose]
Serial Port: COM5
BIN FILE C:\Users\jan\AppData\Local\Temp\build68e0ac7fca7a8709d6c299f59591089e.tmp/Blink.ino.bin
Waiting for device...
Waiting for device...
Waiting for device...
Waiting for device...
Waiting for device...
Flashing is taking longer than expected
Try pressing MASTER_RESET button
Waiting for device...
Waiting for device...
Waiting for device...
Waiting for device...
Waiting for device...
ERROR: Device is not responding.
Device is not responding, check the right serial port is selected or RESET the board right before exporting
Do not PM me a question unless you are prepared to pay for consultancy.
Nederlandse sectie - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html -

Jantje

As there is talk about the usb ports I tried to connect the board via a usb port hub.
The board does not even appear on my windows 10 machine in this case.
Note that I connect teensy 3.2, uno,mega,due,yun and others without problems via this device.
It is a logilink ua0123 to be precise.

I tried the other usb's on the nuc but none of them wanted to upload.
Do not PM me a question unless you are prepared to pay for consultancy.
Nederlandse sectie - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html -

bruce-johnston2

Mar 24, 2016, 02:42 am Last Edit: Mar 24, 2016, 04:00 am by bruce-johnston2 Reason: scrollbox
I'm using 1.6.8 on Win 10, have tried facchinm's fixes, still no comms.

Loaded 1.6.8 on a Win 7 Enterprise + Managed PC with USB 2 it works with my board so its not the board or USB 2 that's the issue.

Here's the upload output

[codebox]

Terse:

Arduino: 1.6.8 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino/Genuino 101"

Sketch uses 29,994 bytes (15%) of program storage space. Maximum is 196,608 bytes.
Device is not responding, check the right serial port is selected or RESET the board right before exporting

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Verbose:

Forcing reset using 1200bps open/close on port COM3
C:\Users\Mini\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\Intel\tools\arduino101load\1.6.4+1.18/arduino101load/arduino101load
C:\Users\Mini\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\Intel\tools\arduino101load\1.6.4+1.18/x86/bin
C:\Users\Mini\AppData\Local\Temp\build9c9ef3bdfe2fccb480bc6e4bac749e41.tmp/Blink.ino.bin COM3 verbose
Args to shell: [
C:\Users\Mini\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\Intel\tools\arduino101load\1.6.4+1.18/x86/bin
C:\Users\Mini\AppData\Local\Temp\build9c9ef3bdfe2fccb480bc6e4bac749e41.tmp/Blink.ino.bin COM3 verbose
]
Serial Port: COM3
BIN FILE C:\Users\Mini\AppData\Local\Temp\build9c9ef3bdfe2fccb480bc6e4bac749e41.tmp/Blink.ino.bin
Waiting for device...
Waiting for device...
Waiting for device...
Waiting for device...
Waiting for device...
Waiting for device...
Waiting for device...
Waiting for device...
Waiting for device...
Waiting for device...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Verbose after replacing
dfu-util.exe
libwinpthread-1.dll

Forcing reset using 1200bps open/close on port COM3
C:\Users\Mini\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\Intel\tools\arduino101load\1.6.4+1.18/arduino101load/arduino101load C:\Users\Mini\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\Intel\tools\arduino101load\1.6.4+1.18/x86/bin C:\Users\Mini\AppData\Local\Temp\build9c9ef3bdfe2fccb480bc6e4bac749e41.tmp/Blink.ino.bin COM3 verbose
Args to shell: [C:\Users\Mini\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\Intel\tools\arduino101load\1.6.4+1.18/x86/bin C:\Users\Mini\AppData\Local\Temp\build9c9ef3bdfe2fccb480bc6e4bac749e41.tmp/Blink.ino.bin COM3 verbose]
Serial Port: COM3
BIN FILE C:\Users\Mini\AppData\Local\Temp\build9c9ef3bdfe2fccb480bc6e4bac749e41.tmp/Blink.ino.bin
Waiting for device...
Waiting for device...
Waiting for device...
Waiting for device...
Waiting for device...
Waiting for device...
Waiting for device...
Waiting for device...
Waiting for device...
Waiting for device...

[/codebox]

No Idea as to what to try next, as I need to be able to code on this machine.

rz2222

Hi all. I have the same issue - Arduino IDE 1.6.8, Windows 7, 64 bit. UNO, Mega ADK And Micro are working fine. I cannot upload a sketch to Genuino101. No success with the changed dfu-util, on USB 2.0 neither USB 3.0. I noticed that this issue is known at least from Dec 13th 2015, now is April 3rd. I am a little bit disappointed. Is anybody working on a fix? When can we expect a fix? Could please somebody responsible answer ?
Thanks you in advance.

facchinm

Yes, we are actively working on this but we are unable to reproduce the problem. If some of you would like to act as a betatester on a teamviewer session please contact me privately.
Before doing so, please test the latest dfu-utils library from this thread http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=388754.0

Go Up