Go Down

Topic: Uploading error: Cannot open DFU device 8087:0aba on PC [PARTLY SOLVED USB 3] (Read 13028 times) previous topic - next topic

ballscrewbob

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

Mustang1993

How my device shows up depends on when.  After powering on or pressing master reset the board appears as libusb (WINusb) devices then later changes to a virtual com port Arduino 101 Serial Monitor (COM3).

If you search for my other posts you'll see how I used the dfu-util.exe among other things.

ballscrewbob

I stand duly chastised for missing that.

I also have a USBTINY ASP powered up so missed it altogether.
Had you not mentioned the winusb I would still have missed it.
It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

rcrescencio

Yes, except I can't find where to add an "exception" within McAfee.

ballscrewbob

@ rcrescencio

Think you are in the wrong post but anyway.
Maybe google can help you.

Here is one to start with.

Or drop this into google "add exceptions to McAfee"

rcrescencio

Let's assume McAfee isn't the issue, since I'm able to turn it off.  Can someone post a picture of device manager w/ WinUSB showing?

ballscrewbob

Like this ?

SVGEST

d0ugparker

I found this fixed my Linux upload problem:

https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=377080.0
-Dr Doug
Doug
-----
Be positive-in 100 years we're all going to be dead. :wink:

Go Up