i am sorry!!!

Ruffsta:
wow, does everybody take things the wrong way and/or turn things around?

i'm told all sorts of different things..

one tells me i need i/o pins, the other tells me there is no easy way of doing it, another throws code at me that i have never seen before and no explanation... another one tells me things to get but doesn't show me exactly what they are.. and i'm supposed to learn?

Yeah it's kind of random throw of darts. If you reveal your complete target, you will see darts thrown closer to that target. You are the only one with this idea and you want US to know what YOU need, you should do better in the project description department.

Someone pointed out arduino basic tutorial will help you learn to turn on one LED. You will need a different way to do 100+ LEDs but that's where you start, if you don't know resistors yet. There are standard answers to how to control 300 LEDs with arduino but the answer will not help you. You level up first. Come back after you master the basic tutorial and someone will point you to your next step or using shift registers to do a bunch of RGB LEDs using a chip called 595 to do single colors on and off or TLC5940 and some common anode RGB LEDs for color mixing. You go from there to your final project. You want the end result now, you should post on the gigs and collaboration board to ask someone to do it for you, for some payment.

Now you bought some ebay LEDs, :slight_smile: no data sheets? Typical. Do you have the sales page, if you want some help on the LEDs and how to pick resistors?
I can't believe a dozen replies turned up between diaper change. You are really getting attention from across the globe now. Don't waste it with some negative replies.