Powertip PG320240WRFHE9 and S1D13700 Library

Hello all
I bought a Powertip PG320240WRFHE9 with touch on ebay and I'm tryng to use the S1D13700 Library.
I found this info here http://www.cafelogic.com/download/s1d13700_arduino_documentation/
It is a great display for arduino projects but I had a problem put it working on arduino.
I follow the wiring shematics but it just turns on the back light and noting on it.
the arduino is running a demo sketch.
Does anyone is working with this beauty display for change some info of wiring and sketchs
I attach the library and a example that Im using

S1D13700_Arduino_Beta.zip (16.8 KB)

I have the same problem...
This might be a solution: Arduino Forum
I will try it tonight.

thanks for repply

I was reading the topic you give to me but I dont have time to test it just now.
Give me your feedback of your test

Best Regards

In the mean time I had to use the the breadboard for another project. When I wired the display again, it worked...
I used exactly the same schematic from the cafelogic website...
Don't ask me why, but now it works!

Hello dude.We are bad luck:) the same thing append to me.Last week I wired it again and it worked.I already be able to seend new bitmaps to it.and now I working on the touch function.I want to make menus and then respond to the touch position.

Yep!

I'm pleased to see there is more users of this nice LCD.
I had the same problem with the original schematic from cafelogic. I was been able to get it work without connecting one pin. But i don't remember which one (Vcc BL-A, RST or DOFF). I will make a try soon.

In fact, i would like to know if someone succeed to incorporate huge characters to S1D13700 and how ???

@+

Zoroastre.

PS : I see the file of Hugo007 with a new font. I will try some work on it. At cafelogic, there are some new tips too. I didn't work with this LCD till 6 months :wink: that's why i'm late !!!

Hi all!

I also bought one LCD from cafelogic some months ago and I'm starting to test it now. It would be great if anyone has any working code for a simple menu or any advice about how to do it the best way... Do you generate the graphics? or do you load them from a bitmap image? how do you store them? in a SD card? how good/bad is the refresh rate? the demo code seems a bit slow...

I'm using a custom board with an Atmega644PV@8MHz and a Sanguino bootloader, it should be fully compatible with any arduino code... Anyway, I would like to change the board to an Atmega644P@20MHz and correct some mistakes I made. You will see that I changed the ribbon cable to a longer one, the stock one wouldn't let me mount the LCD on a panel the way I want. I still have to populate the touch sensing chip, I used the AR1020 as it's recommended in cafelogic and I don't have any free analog input in my design.

(the green wires are there because I ruined the vias of the LCD connector when I soldered it backwards and had to drill them to clean the solder)

The schematic of cafelogic is right, the only problems I had with this LCD were my fault.

It seems that cafelogic doesn't shell this LCD anymore... do you know any other place to buy it?

Thanks

Yep!

Try ebay with word 'powertip', i've bought mine there...

@+

Zoroastre.