Cubie Board

Has anyone started using this ?

http://cubieboard.org/

From a first look, kills the Pie.

yea it does, one acronym SATA

HDMI-only for the video, though...

well, the only useable video out is HDMI on the pi

seriously, I spent a YEAR swapping composite monitors to find one that would display 80 columns in a readable fashion for my apple II before I found a 5 inch LCD and its still pretty piss poor

to display a console text your looking at a minimum of 10mhz bandwidth in monochrome, nothing past the 80's will support that on composite ... svideo eh maybe, rgb/scart yes, composite lol, no

and that has a lower pixel density than 640x480 vga text (560x192)

get a gizmo instead

Gizmo needs a whack upside the head WRT pricing... ($199 !)
You've been able to get very small pc-compatible systems for quite some time (and ARM systems too.)
Size is not what made Raspberry PI interesting.

so does the olinuxeno kill the PI

The cubieboard actually has VGA output, just look at the expansion board. And when there is VGA there are composite opportunities and component. You just have to do some work with the OS your putting onto the board. Composite wont support android at 1080p. I think max is roughly 640x480 through composite or something like that.

[X] kills [Y]

Humbug. Somewhere somewhat above the pricepoint that all these boards are hitting, "community" becomes more important than the feature-list.
Otherwise Arduino would have been left in the dust a long time ago.

(Olimex in particular has lots of interesting boards, but doesn't seem to have developed much of a community for any of them. (?))