SIM300 GPRS Connection CLOSED problem

Hello Everyone,

I need to make a TCP connection to send Data to a Web server, everything is okay except my big problem :frowning:

The problem is After I sent
AT+CIPSTART="TCP","spreadsheets.google.com","443"
I got
OK
CONNECT OK
then I sent
at+cipsend

GET /formResponse?formkey=dFlabUV1Vk1qU1NZcFlMb1ZZY25MQ nc6MQ&entry.0.single=8.255&entry.1.single=32.11&su bmit=Submit HTTP/1.1
Host: spreadsheets.google.com
Accept: text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,/;q=0.8
Accept-Language: en
Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
Connection: keep-alive

^Z

I get CLOSED & the modem stops responding :frowning:

CLOSED

I actually have to physically restart the MODEM at this point

Any help please :frowning:

Hi,
I don't know the module you are using, but google docs requires encryption which should be negotiated using a STARTTLS command. Consult your documentation for the details. Can you try connecting to an unencrypted service just to check that the rest of your commands are Ok?

Yes, the problem was in google docs, I've tested Google.com successfully :slight_smile:
I have send data successfully in the URL, my inquiry now, How can I control my Arduino from my website?

Mobd3:
... my inquiry now, How can I control my Arduino from my website?

Warning: such generic, unfocussed, context-not-provided questions may receive sarcastic replies 8).

You can write a sizeable book (didn't say a good book) collecting all the threads in this forum about this topic. The principle is: the server sits waiting for periodic HTTP requests from the Arduino (sensor updates and commands to execute, if any); from a browser you connect to the server, read the updates in an HTML page and send the commands through a form. The optimal route is to understand the basic request/response messages of the HTTP protocol (google for it), which are the same whether you use Ethernet or GPRS to access the Internet, then look for code that implements this basic protocol and adapt it to the GPRS way of establishing an Internet connection.

You may want to think in advance of how to prevent unauthorized access to your server and thus your Arduino, just in case your project includes an automatic door opener or a noisy alarm.

I'm working on that :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot for your reply, really it's helpful.