Go Down

Topic: RN42 Bluetooth Serial for Amazon Fire Stick (Read 102 times) previous topic - next topic

westywest

Dec 16, 2017, 12:08 am Last Edit: Dec 16, 2017, 12:38 pm by westywest
I am creating a HID device to control my Amazon Fire Stick so I can integrate it with my home automation setup.

I have the RN42 all connected and working. I've created a sketch to listen for my request via the USB serial and output TX to the RN42. I've set it up for up, down, left, right, enter, escape and play/pause.

The HEX codes have been cobbled together from what seems like days of tinkering and testing. The code is below, you can see that for most functions, a single hex works. I got those codes from here. The play/pause function is supposed to be a space but I've not been able to find a similar code that works.

So, I've read (and tried to understand!) the official manual and found the solution for play/pause (see code). That seems to work. So I'm almost happy. Except for 1 remaining stumbling block. For fast forward/rewind, you need to be able to "hold down" the left or right keys to seek faster. I can't work out how to do this. I've tried variants of my play/pause function, swapping in the codes from that document to try and find a solution. It seems the only "official" code I can get to work is the play/pause. I'm sure it's got to be something to do with the 'release command'...

Any help or improvements on what I am trying to achieve would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

UPDATE: Sorry, I forgot to include the link to the manufacturer's PDF manual.

Code: [Select]

void setup()
{
Serial.begin(115200);
}

void loop()
{

String input = "";
while (Serial.available() > 0)
{
input += (char) Serial.read();
delay(3);