A project to prevent a homocide

Slag from the homemade fireworks, dripping down my wrist after I picked up the burning device to run to hide from my parents...
Interesting (and faint, by now) scar. Probably part chemical burn, but quite shallow...

justjed:

Graynomad:
Yep, the old welding-slag-down-the-boots trick. Know it well, and they reckon I can't dance :slight_smile:

How does that compare to the ejected shell casing down your shirt?

Different kind of dance entirely.

justjed:

I had a shell casing eject from the gun, bounce off my forehead, off the rim of my safety glass, then fall down and poke me in the eye. That was unpleasant.

Being shocked by a 300v capacitor out of an old camera (as i found out) however scary that was.... far far less painful to that of a soldering burn.

I touched it with 1 hand / entry point and then the other hand (through my arm, chest, other arm) i felt the exit strike through my other hand to something else i was holding... made my lower arm tingle and go numb for a while lol...

focalist:
[pauses to get reactions.. expecting range from "OMG you are dead" to "I did that once, just before the divorce"]

Okay, don't panic, this will cost you money and time besides the never live it down part.

Bed, Bath and Beyond; go scout out what they got on your own. If it looks promising, you'll have to supply the angle on "new, honey!" and even cheap flowers is 10x better than no flowers at all.

hehe.. Not likely. You don't stand a chance. Can't get That Pattern and No Other Will Do. Speaking of Will, is yours made out?

R.I.P. Focalist

You may be right Ni$hant, we haven't heard from focalist since his first post :slight_smile:

Rob

Bed, Bath and Beyond;

Being from the UK the only experience of that shop is from the Simpsons, what is the beyond section like?

Beyond belief when you get the bill! $) :fearful:

You may be right Ni$hant, we haven't heard from focalist since his first post

I'm a avid viewer of SNAPPED WOMEN WHO KILL, Women can very well KILL you brutally even when you happen to give them latest BENZ's and 1000 pair of sandals and lot of plastic money. :zipper_mouth_face: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Grumpy_Mike:

Bed, Bath and Beyond;

Being from the UK the only experience of that shop is from the Simpsons, what is the beyond section like?

Lot of Kitchen, sometimes there's real artsy stuff for reasonable. I bet they got counter top. If not then Lowes or like.

He could go for the quick, honorable way out and resurface with polished stone floor tiles and say, look if it was like this before then it woun'taburnt in the first place! Be dead before he hits the floor, just from the look.

The three year old laminate countertop my wife loves

Can't you blame it on your Mother in Law then get brownie points for taking it camly and not making a fuss ]:slight_smile:

justjed:

Been there.. done that! I know for a fact nowadays that .40 S&W shells are much hotter than .380 or .45 ACP :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

I've had lots of soldering iron related burns. The worst of them was when I had the tip burn me between the fingernail and the fingertip. That pain lasted for a few days.

Got one between my glasses and my face once. Still not sure how I managed that.

-j

Shockingly, I live!

First, she has been married to me for nigh on twenty years now, if she didn't expect (and on a certain level even enjoy, methinks) this sort of thing she should have gotten out a long time ago. She knows it.. this particular cow comes with the farm I guess XD

Second, I am attempting to FIX what I have done, and so far have had some reasonable success. Though it will be obvious on close inspection, when I am finished, it should at least blend in from several feet away. Both a blessing and a curse, the counter is mottled, spotted blue with white grey and black bits. I'll be posting photos of the entire process including the original damage.

Suffice to say, it's now a matter of color blending and trying to match those spotty highlights, I was able to work with a quickset plastic epoxy and acrylic art paint to fill the hole, after sanding, roughing, and prepping with a good isopropyl wash.

If we had a counter that was a single color, it would be possible (I think) to blend in perfectly, but with a pattern, it's always going to show a little I think, unless you are a SUPERB artist..

Unless you put down a layer over the whole counter top and have a new color.

Can't you blame it on your Mother in Law then get brownie points for taking it camly and not making a fuss

Very Good! as such the number of enemies will rise to two MOREOVER the first enemy(The Wife) will get more irritated and will attack with much harder force.

westfw:
Slag from the homemade fireworks, dripping down my wrist after I picked up the burning device to run to hide from my parents...
Interesting (and faint, by now) scar. Probably part chemical burn, but quite shallow...

I burned a couple fingers with canon fuse once. Probably was more painful than I appreciated ... uh, beer was a factor. :smiley:

The MAPP gas torch does a nice burn too. ]:slight_smile:

Graynomad:
He he, pretty much the same I would think although I've only got a shotgun so that's not a problem for me.

Rob

A little off topic, but last fall I was target shooting at my friend's farm with my 12 Ga. using a slug in a brand new rifled barrel with a new scope. The factory had the scope mounted too far back and I was too distracted (aka dumb) to notice. First time I fired the gun the kickback shoved the scope into my eyeglasses, and the top of the scope cut a perfect 12-stitch semicircle just above my right eye. As if that wasn't bad enough, the shock popped the other eyeglass lens out and tossed it a good 25 feet into the woods, never to be seen again.

Seriously, you can't make this stuff up.

And I thought buying ammo was the expensive part of shooting, :slight_smile:

Rob