What is the meaning behind the Arduino logo?

Does anyone know what the Arduino team had in mind when they created the infinit with the +/- logo? Could it have some connection with infinite resistance and +/- DC polarities or maybe I'm way off here and it has nothing to do with either.

Like Buzz Lightyear says - "To Infinity, and Beyond!"

Or maybe its a mobius strip and like electricity the electrons end up back where they started ...

CrossRoads:
Like Buzz Lightyear says - "To Infinity, and Beyond!"

Or maybe its a mobius strip and like electricity the electrons end up back where they started ...

Or maybe it's an Italian symbol for enjoy your spaghetti.

Lefty

Wouldn't that need a big wooden spoon for stirring the tasty homemade basil & tomato sauce, or a fork & spoon for twirling up a mouthful with some freshly grated cheese?

CrossRoads:
Wouldn't that need a big wooden spoon for stirring the tasty homemade basil & tomato sauce, or a fork & spoon for twirling up a mouthful with some freshly grated cheese?

Your making me hungry, stop that. :smiley:

Lefty

Now I'm hungry for spaghetti & meatballs for dinner, or maybe lasagna ...

Anyway, it's your fault for bringing it up 8)

I emailed my question to the Arduino team but have never heard back from them. They must be too busy or maybe there's a language barrier.

I'd guess it's about infinite possibilities and electronics.

My wife makes a great spaghetti. That, because of a food allergy, I should never eat.

Curse you @retrolefty! Now I'm obsessing about it. =(

Food allergy? That sounds like a software error, heck I can eat anything that doesn't try and eat me back.
My wife makes a killer spaghetti sauce, lots of meat.

Lefty

Yeah. Tomatoes.

I always understood it as meaning the things you can do with it are endless.

stonent:
I always understood it as meaning the things you can do with it are endless.

Endless and in literally, or as in like a TV commercial definition of endless possibilities? :smiley:

I suspect it can't make Grumpy Mike or PaulS more user friendly. :wink:

Lefty

Well as I said in my thread about what Arduino has taught me, imagine if NASA had Arduinos in the 1960s. Or wouldn't it be cool to completely replicate the computer systems from the Apollo era rockets with a handful of Arduinos?