malfunctioning....

i created a program to just check the pin 8 gets a i/p so that the pin 9 will give some output...unfortunately even without the i/p its showing o/p...subsequently i found that wen we shake the uno its giving output!:(....so wat ds that show?

Bad wire connection, or a bad cold solder somewhere.

I guess "floating input", but it really is just a guess, because I don't see code or a schematic.

so wat ds that show?

It shows that it is not connected reliably, what else could it show?
Check your soldering. If you are using solder less bread board you now know why it is a bad idea.

naeemuzz:
so wat ds that show?

If that behaviour isn't what you wanted, then it shows that you've got a problem.

Perhaps if somebody more experienced with Arduino reviewed your software and hardware design then they might be able to guess what was causing it.

so u mean the problem is wth ma circuit or program...thats affordable...my qstn will ther be chance that ma arduino is damaged??

This may come as quite a shock to you, but nobody here can see your code or your circuit. So nobody here can possibly know if you've got a broken board or if you have made a mistake. I'm betting you have a floating pin. Common mistake for people to make. But unless you want to show us the schematic and the code no one here will ever be able to tell you.

int yel= 1;
int blue= 0;
int in=9;

void setup() 
{
  pinMode(yel, OUTPUT);
  pinMode(blue, OUTPUT);
  pinMode(in, INPUT);
}

void loop() 
{
  if(digitalRead(in)==HIGH)
  {
    for(int i=1;i<=5;i++)
    {
      digitalWrite(yel, HIGH);
      delay(1);
      digitalWrite(yel, LOW);
      delay(1);

digitalWrite(yel, HIGH);
      delay(1);
      digitalWrite(yel, LOW);
      delay(1);

digitalWrite(blue, HIGH);
      delay(1);
      digitalWrite(blue,LOW);
      delay(1);

digitalWrite(blue, HIGH);
      delay(1);
      digitalWrite(blue, LOW);
      delay(1);
    }
  }
}

welll this my code...circuit is just ardui itself...snc pin 1 nd 0 are connectd to onbord leds i just tested testd it wth that...

Moderator edit: excess whitespace removed and CODE TAGS added. Grrr.

Those delay(1) statements are not going to be able to be seen by human eye site as the eye can't detect a one millisecond blink of an led. Also you need to show the wiring of your digital input pin as that is what may or may not have a floating input pin condition.

Lefty

naeemuzz:
circuit is just ardui itself

So nothing connected on pin 9? That means you have a floating input.

By the way, if you could take the trouble to write proper English rather than txtspk it would be appreciated.

By the way, if you could take the trouble to write proper English rather than txtspk it would be appreciated.

Is that what it is, I thought he was either very hip or retarded, possibly both. :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway as other have said "schematics R us" need your schematic for anything meaningful to be written.

well...there wasn't any circuit...i didnt connect anythng to the i/p pin...even befor connecting the pin the uno started showing the blinking leds..so frustrated and didnt attemptd to connect anything...
one more dout what is maximum baud rate that can be supported by arduino uno?

Ah the old floating inputs problem, read this
http://www.thebox.myzen.co.uk/Tutorial/Inputs.html

thanks...:):slight_smile:

naeemuzz:
i created a program to just check the pin 8 gets a i/p so that the pin 9 will give some output...unfortunately even without the i/p its showing o/p...subsequently i found that wen we shake the uno its giving output!:(....so wat ds that show?

First of all " Dont break Legs of English"... Write it as it should be dont chew it..
secondly, post your programm...
The more you shake Arduino the more it will give you milk...