General help

Hello guys !

I'm an electronics hobbyist and my knowledge and skills are mostly about hardware. Software and programming is something I'm not good at. Actually I am an electrician.

I started an Arduino based project because a guy had told he would help me so I bought the parts. As he ended up not helping me at all I thought I should just give up but I was told I could get someone here to help me.

The project is simple and is based on this :

I made it on a protoboard and somehow it worked although even the programming part was pretty hard for me as I've never had done it before. I'd say surprisingly it worked as I guess I loaded many more libraries than necessary.

Well, I would like to make some changes which include a ( a couple feet range ) wireless sensor like a cheap 433 MHz transmiter. Any other kind of wireless sensor would be fine as long it works.

Something like this would be fine :

I would like to make a few more changes but I just don't know how and that's why I am here.

So the question is there someone here who could help me ?

I live in Boston area and I would provide my cell phone number for a better communication.

Thank you very much.

I would be VERY surprised if there was not an Arduino users group in the Boston area. Especially if it is Boston, MA.

Paul

You could also state in more detail what what new functionality you want to add to your existing system and post your current program code here. Maybe you get some help here.
The tutorial you followed was not that simple because it was based on a raw processor chip. Most people start with a ready made board like an Arduino Uno. So you have done quite well already.

I am trying to create an int variable or array that records how many times the program has run in between the LED coming on and a button being pressed.

I am working with an Arduino Esplora Board

any solutions?

I am trying to create an int variable or array that records how many times the program has run in between the LED coming on and a button being pressed.

The program only runs once. The loop() function iterates many, many times.

I can't imagine that the number of iterations is at all important. You MIGHT be interested in the time between the LED coming on and the switch being pressed.

Creating an int variable is trivial:

int heresOne;

Valuing it is trivial.

heresOne = 42;

Valuing it with meaningful data is a far different story. It is NOT at all clear what you want to store in the variable.

How do I store the time between the LED coming on and button being pressed. Then display on LCD TFT Screen

How do I store the time between the LED coming on

The LED doesn't "come on". You turn it on. Surely, you know where in the code you do that. Surely you can call millis() to record WHEN you do that.

and button being pressed.

When the switch is pressed, and when the Arduino sees that the switch is pressed, may NOT be the same time. The state change detection example shows how to determine that the switch HAS BECOME pressed (or released). That would be a reasonable place to add some code to record WHEN that happens.

Now that you have two bits of code, to record two times, it doesn't take a degree in advanced calculus to determine the interval between the times.