Sketches in folders won't save or compile

Hello all,

I am having an issue that started today where sketches saved in folders in my sketchbook do not save and can't compile. When I save, I get the message: "Error while saving ." Hitting the compile button brings up a message above the editor output field saying: "Compilation failed. Please report this issue on our forum." The code from these folders runs just fine if I download it and use the offline IDE on my computer. It's probably also worth mentioning that all of these sketches are split into multiple .ino files, but this has never caused a problem before, folders or otherwise.

Thanks for any advice.

Could you explain a little more about how a sketch is split into multiple INO files ?
Do you mean "TABS" ?

Also could you supply a link to the sketch that refuses to play nice or post it here ?
If you post it here please used the code tags provided ( </> )

Hi @urbanhifi, is it working now? Sometimes we have service outage from Amazon S3 and that could be the reason

Hello smellai,

Thank you for your response. I'm afraid I took my sketches off the cloud for the time being. I was too worried about something happening to them. I would still be able to tell you if it was working, but I also deleted the online versions of the folders in the process of moving them offline. Sorry I can't be more helpful in troubleshooting.

Hello ballscrewbob,

Thanks for your response. The code is indeed in tabs. I do not want to post it here, but that shouldn't matter now that I won't be using the online editor for a while.