Strange 1.0.1 IDE problem

I just upgraded my computer from XP to Win7. In the IDE when I bring up a menu ie. File->Sketchbook, chose an option the IDE doesn't completely clean off the menu. I end up with orphan partial windows on the screen. Does 1.0.1 have an issue with Win7? Also how do you remove extra tabs you have inserted from your project?

alfiesty:
I just upgraded my computer from XP to Win7. In the IDE when I bring up a menu ie. File->Sketchbook, chose an option the IDE doesn't completely clean off the menu. I end up with orphan partial windows on the screen. Does 1.0.1 have an issue with Win7? Also how do you remove extra tabs you have inserted from your project?

Sounds like a video driver or abstraction layer issue. The app is having trouble "repainting" for some reason. There are a few properties one can tweak on the VM to control how it uses DirectDraw and other 2D and 3D drawing APIs. First, you should make sure your video driver is sound, and DirectDraw is current.

This started when I upgraded to Win7. It was not seen before! Firefox, Openoffice, Notepad++ and Arduino 0.22 all work correctly with Win7.

Jim

Yes it sounds like a graphic card issue. Test what happens if you copy the Java folder from the version 0022 to the 1.0.1

alfiesty:

[quote author=The Clever Monkey link=topic=118732.msg893784#msg893784 date=1345082133]
Sounds like a video driver or abstraction layer issue. The app is having trouble "repainting" for some reason. There are a few properties one can tweak on the VM to control how it uses DirectDraw and other 2D and 3D drawing APIs. First, you should make sure your video driver is sound, and DirectDraw is current.

This started when I upgraded to Win7. It was not seen before! Firefox, Openoffice, Notepad++ and Arduino 0.22 all work correctly with Win7.
[/quote]

Different OS means different 2D and 3D driver abstractions that Java depends on. OpenOffice might use different 2D/3D settings, or a completely different set of widgets. Notepad++ is a native app, so this data point isn't really relevant.

Did you check DirectDraw, etc.?