Time and TimeAlarms Libraries – Ask here for help or suggestions

Hello, I’m trying to find out why the Examples in the Time library won’t compile.

I recently downloaded Ardiuno 1.0.1, then followed the directions on the Arduino playground - Time libary page at: Arduino Playground - Time

First, I downloaded the time.zip file, then extracted the folders within it. This yielded one folder named “Time” as well as three folders within this top level “Time” folder. These three folders were named “DS1307RTC”, “Time”, and “TimeAlarms” .

Then I copied the “Time” library into the Arduino “libraries” folder, then started Arduino.exe, and selected TimeSerial.pde from the Examples list. This sketch loaded and I pressed “Verify” and received the error message : “The ‘BYTE’ keyword is no longer supported. “ All of the example sketches failed to compile but had different error messages.

I think I did everything correct, and did it both for the top level “Time” folder and also for the “Time” folder contained within the top level folder. Neither one worked.

Unless I’m doing something wrong, there must be something wrong with the folder structure of the library, but, if so, I am surprised this error is not already well known.

I’m not very experienced with Arduino, so that’s why it is confusing.

Thanks in advance for any information about this problem.