ITead Studio?

That's good to hear.

I guess I'm also curious about if they have a relationship with Seeed? Besides the PCB service, they carry many of the same items, and the item descriptions are often worded very similarly.

I used them recently. Very good prices, and 2 weeks delivery to South Africa for US$6.

Also a FDTI2232 breakout for an odd $8. Cant really beat that!

I am very tempted to try their PCB service, but I have never designed one, but again, even if it is a mess, not much loss.

Anyways, I will definitely buy from them again :slight_smile:

I guess I'm also curious about if they have a relationship with Seeed? Besides the PCB service, they carry many of the same items, and the item descriptions are often worded very similarly.

For all you know, maybe there's a "turnkey" business setup in/near Shenzhen where boardhouse/fab/electronics/bandaid/food zaibatsu-like companies all sell nearly the exact same package from the same software company (themselves) that sets up a website (using identical templates), funnels the orders back to the companies doing the manufacturing and shipping, the money back to other places (plus a bit for Party, ya know), leaving a little remainder for the guy running the place (who, if he gets "outta line" - is replaced by someone just as eager as he was).

It wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Hell, they probably install a virus on your box as well (not mine, tho - unless they've managed to figure out how to breach Thunderbird, Firefox, -and- *nix).

:wink:

Anyone used this vendor? In some places, their website looks oddly like a copy of seeedstudio. Especially their PCB service, which is structured exactly like Seeed's Fusion service, which is currently my favorite way to get PCBs - but ITead's service is significantly cheaper.

Looking for feedback. It looks like they've only been around a few months.

Hi,
Thanks for your attention first.
Our webshop really just been around about 3 months :wink:
As we know, there are many similar studios set up recently -- because seeedstudio shows that this model is feasible ;D
Why the PCB service exactly like Seeed's Fusion service? because we use the same prototyping factory - this factory is famous in electronic hobbyist circle of China.

Thanks
Alex

For all you know, maybe there's a "turnkey" business setup in/near Shenzhen where boardhouse/fab/electronics/bandaid/food zaibatsu-like companies all sell nearly the exact same package from the same software company (themselves) that sets up a website (using identical templates), funnels the orders back to the companies doing the manufacturing and shipping, the money back to other places (plus a bit for Party, ya know), leaving a little remainder for the guy running the place (who, if he gets "outta line" - is replaced by someone just as eager as he was).

The Things you refer to always happen in consumer electronics market like cellphone,MP3 player , GPS and so on. But in the market of electronic components , because the products have not significant differentiation, so if use the same webshop platform you will find them like a copy-- Especially using the same template.

this factory is famous in electronic hobbyist circle of China.

Ah yes! I have heard good things about the famous electronic hobbyist factory in china

:wink:

on a personal note, I prefer innovation to clones, but I am a conscience buyer

on a personal note, I prefer innovation to clones, but I am a conscience buyer

;D Learning and Imitating is the beginning of innovation , we encourage innovation, we provide the high cost-effective platform and module accessories to hobbyist for learning and creating.
We are busy with several custom projects this month - like Computer POST Diagnostic Card. After that you will see many new products that designed by ourself except clones purchased from electronic market :stuck_out_tongue:

ITead Studio has several cheap Arduino bare boards:

Arduino Uno Bare Board

Arduino Duemilanove Bare Board

Arduino Nano Bare Board

ITead Studio has several cheap Arduino bare boards:

Arduino Uno Bare Board

Somehow I doubt the validity of the "Made in Italy" silkscreen.

Learning and Imitating is the beginning of innovation , we encourage innovation

you can at least come up with your own pictures. :-?
http://iteadstudio.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=35

http://blog.spitzenpfeil.org/wordpress/projects/8x8-rgb-led-matrix/

Ah well...

If I were running a business selling these I might be pissed off, but I'm not. I do sell them, but just for fun and without any monetary profit to speak of.

I was just browsing their website looking at the PCB service and found mentioned image rather familiar and compared it to mine just to be sure. Seems like they like smilies as well. They could have asked permission to use it (and maybe they even should have), but in retrospective I would have said 'yes' anyways.

May the blue smiley bring them luck and good fortune - However, if the PCBs I've ordered don't turn out well, I might change my mind [smiley=evil.gif]

BTW, the creator of the original smiley didn't make any money with it as well. I think he sold it for a few bucks to some insurance company ages ago.

I see. It's good to know. I bought a few things from Seeedstudio. Except for one thing I still don't have time to troubleshoot, everything else is working fine. But the routed edges are not very nice. Maybe the router bit was spending its last leg on that sensor board or something. The edges are kind of rough compared with boards I ordered from BatchPCB or my arduino. But I've never ordered PCB service from Seeedstudio, just sensors.

Can someone comment on their PCB service especially routing? Thanks.

You may find "Macle im Itaiy". No kidding. ;D

There isn't any relationship between us and Itead Studio, but i saw many pictures and texts in their shop were copied from us.

Whatever, it's good to have new vendors, more choices for you.

What about that...

SPAM

Back to topic again for a sec.

Did the ones who've placed orders with ITeadStudio receive confirmation emails from their shop? I only got the pay request via paypal, which was duly fulfilled, but that's it so far. I know that usually ZenCart sends out an email upon completion of an order, for I use it myself. And there don't seem to be any of the 'more excessively celebrated' Chinese holidays right now either.

There's no Chinese holiday right now but I happen to have been hung by SeeedStudio folks on a PCB service purchase. They didn't reply for 3 days after some rather timely email correspondance. Something going on in ShenZhen? That place is not affected by weather in October.

Something going on in ShenZhen? That place is not affected by weather in October.

The port of Shenzhen was shut down ahead of Typhoon Megi, which is expected to make landfall this weekend east of Hong Kong, the whole area is pretty much at a standstill, as much as it can be, getting ready for the hit.

Having spent a few typhoons in hong kong this has got to be a bad boy for them to shut the port that far ahead.

It is expected to be one of the biggest to threaten the South China coast in years.

Pretty much anything above a 3 the whole place locks down,schools close, all government closes, public transportation and most businesses close, nothing really moves and you pretty much lock your self at home or a near by bar and ride it out.

I see. I thought Typhoons are more or less in the summers I must have been thinking about floods, which happen every year over summers. The news is pretty intensively covering flood and it seems the southern half of the country is flooded. I was not paying attention to news lately.