ShiftPWM support topic. Latest update: Schematics, high power LED's, LED strips

I cant seem to get this to install or work.
I am using ubuntu, I tried to follow the very simple directions, but had to vary a bit.

"
Go to the GitHub repository the download the latest version of ShiftPWM.
Extract ShiftPWM directory from the archive to your Arduino libraries directory (for example: ???\arduino-1.0\libraries).
Extract it with the ShiftPWM directory intact, so the result will be ???\arduino-1.0\libraries\ShiftPWM).
Restart Arduino
Open one of the examples from the Arduino menu (File –> Examples –> ShiftPWM –> pick one) "

I cant extract to the /usr/share/arduino directory as the user, that has to be done as root. I extracted the files as user, then su'd to root, and copied the files to /usr/source/arduino/libraries, then chown -R, chgrp -R, and chmod -R to have all the files ownership, and everything set like the other files.
When I try to load up an example, they are not listed, but I can load the libarary by clicking sketch/import library (ShiftPWM shows up in that list).
I copied the examples directory over to the examples directory under /usr/share/arduino, but no shiftPWM examples show up in the program.

I tried downloading the zip file, and then su ing, and unzipped the file in the /usr/share/arduino/libraries as root. It still doesnt show up any examples.

I opened the ShiftPWM_RGB_Example.ino in a text editor, copied it to a blank sketch, and tried to upload it to my uno, but it failed, stating:

/usr/share/arduino/libraries/ShiftPWM/CShiftPWM.cpp: In member function ‘bool CShiftPWM::IsValidPin(int)’:
/usr/share/arduino/libraries/ShiftPWM/CShiftPWM.cpp:51:61: error: ‘F’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/share/arduino/libraries/ShiftPWM/CShiftPWM.cpp: In member function ‘void CShiftPWM::SetAmountOfRegisters(unsigned char)’:
/usr/share/arduino/libraries/ShiftPWM/CShiftPWM.cpp:229:94: error: ‘F’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/share/arduino/libraries/ShiftPWM/CShiftPWM.cpp: In member function ‘bool CShiftPWM::LoadNotTooHigh()’:
/usr/share/arduino/libraries/ShiftPWM/CShiftPWM.cpp:253:44: error: ‘F’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/share/arduino/libraries/ShiftPWM/CShiftPWM.cpp: In member function ‘void CShiftPWM::Start(int, unsigned char)’:
/usr/share/arduino/libraries/ShiftPWM/CShiftPWM.cpp:297:11: error: ‘SS’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/share/arduino/libraries/ShiftPWM/CShiftPWM.cpp:316:71: error: ‘F’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/share/arduino/libraries/ShiftPWM/CShiftPWM.cpp: In member function ‘void CShiftPWM::PrintInterruptLoad()’:
/usr/share/arduino/libraries/ShiftPWM/CShiftPWM.cpp:416:45: error: ‘F’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/share/arduino/libraries/ShiftPWM/CShiftPWM.cpp:426:45: error: ‘F’ was not declared in this scope
/usr/share/arduino/libraries/ShiftPWM/CShiftPWM.cpp:467:38: error: ‘F’ was not declared in this scope

I have another computer I could try it on, but I will have to free up some space on that computer to install it.