Your latest purchase (January 27, 2011 to August 19, 2011)

Jealous...

One TQFP ATmega328P - but it came in a box over a foot cube and mounted in a 250-unit waffle-tray all to itself! A triumph of wasteful packaging...

MarkT:
One TQFP ATmega328P - but it came in a box over a foot cube and mounted in a 250-unit waffle-tray all to itself! A triumph of wasteful packaging...

Better safe than sorry :smiley:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220648404910&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

MarkT:

LOL - I once ordered a single 12 inch long CCFT from Mouser for replacing a dead one in an LCD monitor I picked out of the garbage at work; it came packed in a 36 inch long by 4 inch wide tube, wrapped with bubble wrap, with the CCFT itself inside another plastic carrier tube. It didn't break in transit though...

My last purchases came courtesy of Ebay:

• An AMD 386SX motherboard with 4 x 1 mb 30 pin SIMMs (for a future retro PC)
  • 2x Via Epia M-10000 Mini-ITX motherboards, each with a stick of 512mb DDR (the price was too good to pass up)
  • Actual packaged copy of Virtus VR for Windows 3.1 (I collect old VR gear and software)
  • A SpyGear ATV-360 (I buy these when I can find them cheap for the Kopin head-mounted monocle display)

Last weekend I also picked up a variety of parts from Apache Reclamation (I swear, sometimes I feel like I keep them afloat, I buy so much stuff from them!); while I was there I spotted an awesome component: A large, still-in-crate NOS Ignitron from National. By "large" - the crate measured about 2 x 2 x 2.5 feet - it was standing upright, still bolted to the bottom, and all the metal straps holding the crate together in good tight shape, no cracks or other deterioration in the wood. It was a large stainless steel cylinder with large binding posts mounted on it for terminals, plus in the crate was a large inch-thick braided copper cable with similar sized copper lugs (the copper in that was probably about $100.00 worth right there). They were asking $1000.00 for the unit. Needless to say, I didn't bring it home (not that I would have a use for such a large rectifier).

:slight_smile:

Looks like there will be a lot of mercury inside it.

I know there are in the UK, not sure about the US.. But aren't there funky laws around mercury because of it's general toxicity and death causing attributes?

Tetris for the gameboy.

SO ADDICTING!

B mode level 9 height 5 is so hard!

retrolefty:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220648404910&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I just ordered 3 of these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LM2596-DC-DC-Step-Down-Adjustable-Power-Supply-Module-/270626838857?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f029dd949#ht_2942wt_730

Seems to be the same, just a bit under half the price

MarkT:

Its cheaper for business' to post the packaging waste rather than paying to dispose of it :wink:

I'm the new guy in town here, needless to say, and I got my first Arduino, with starterkit today.
Damn it's hard putting it aside and get to sleep.
All I did today was blinky LED's, and some other tutorial stuff, and it's hard not to get on and on... but someone told me I need sleep or something...

Benji:
someone told me I need sleep or something...

Who would be so irresponsible and suggest something like that?!

And welcome :slight_smile:

bld:

Benji:
someone told me I need sleep or something...

Who would be so irresponsible and suggest something like that?!

And welcome :slight_smile:

My girlfriend... a little insomnia never hurt anyone!

and thanks :slight_smile:

Ages ago I bought a TI 8 pin DIP serial A to D converter from Farnell.
Couple of days after I placed the order, a delivery guy came to my door with an A3 sized padded envelope.
I saw it was from Farnell, ripped it open and at first thought it was empty, but wedged in one corner was a a tiny section of anti-static rail with my 8 pin DIP in it!

Much mirth ensued!!

Binder sheets to organize my resistors . . .

Sort of a commercial minty boost - 1150mAh LiPo - charge with USB & outputs 5.5V.
(Wish it was closer to 5V.) - $10 @ OfficeMax

BroHogan:
Binder sheets to organize my resistors . . .

Now that looks like a good idea

Well I haven't posted for a while so:

Arduino Duemilanove
Arduino Uno
Arduino Mega
2x XBee Shields
Ethernet Shield
Proto Shield
RFID Reader
Breadboards
and some other stuffs :smiley:

Ok - I haven't actually purchased this yet but it's in the pipeline. :slight_smile:

mowcius:
Ok - I haven't actually purchased this yet but it's in the pipeline. :slight_smile:

Cheater :stuck_out_tongue:

A couple of ATMega328Ps since I had a small problem with one.

My latest purchase:
Some xbees and the book Wireless Sensor Networks.