Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Project Guidance / Re: switch statements
Last post by TomGeorge - Today at 10:14 am
Hi,
I have redrawn your circuit, spreading components out.
I am assuming you are using a supply voltage higher than 7v so feed the supply to the Vin or Vraw pin.
I have taken the 5V reg out, as the Mini will provide the 5V for the I2C pullup resistors.
I have added a current limit resistor to each LED and oriented them in the correct direction.

I hope it helps.
Tom... :)
A normal servo moves the servo arm until the potentiometer attached to the servo arm gives a reading that tells the servo that the arm is at the appropriate angle. When a new command is received if the arm is a long way from the correct position it will get the motor to move the arm as quickly as possible. As it gets nearer the correct position it will slow down so as not to overshoot.

In a continuous rotation servo the potentiometer is replaced by a pair of resistors effectively giving the impression that the potentiometer is always at its mid point.  When you give it a command to go to (say) 150° the servo electronics thinks it is a long way from the correct position so it gets the motor to move quickly. Because the resistors are fixed the servo cannot actually get to the destination so it keeps going at a speed determined by the size of what it thinks is the position error. When you tell it to go to 90° (or so) it thinks it is at the correct position so it stops.

Using servo.writeMicroseconds() will give you finer control.

...R
Français / Recupérer fichier carte SD
Last post by ShinigamiMaoSama - Today at 10:12 am
Bonjour,

Je travaille actuellement sur un projet Arduino en utilisant un esp8266. J'utilise un module SD et mon esp8266 dispose d'une interface web. Je voudrais savoir s'il est possible de récupérer des fichiers de la carte SD pour les mettres dans l'interface Web.

Merci d'avance.
Microcontrollers / Re: Elecrow ESPduino UNO+ESP82...
Last post by pert - Today at 10:11 am
What settings do i need to use in the Arduino IDE
Tools > Board > Arduino/Genuino Uno

which library do i need for the esp to connect with the wifi and communicate over MQTT?
I recommend this library:
https://github.com/bportaluri/WiFiEsp
You also need an MQTT library that can be passed a Client object. There are probably several options but this is the popular one that I'm a bit familiar with:
https://github.com/knolleary/pubsubclient

Also there are 6 pins on the board were i can choose to use HWSerial or SWSerial, which should i use for my application?
That is a tricky question. If you use HWSerial, that will connect the ESP8266 to pins 0 and 1 of the primary ATmega328P microcontroller. This microcontroller has only that one hardware serial port, which is usually used for uploading to the Uno and for communication with Serial Monitor on your computer. So if you use HWSerial it will interfere with uploading to the Uno. You can get around that by disconnecting the ESP8266 long enough for the upload and then connecting it up again. A more serious problem is that any debug Serial output in your code will interfere with communications with the ESP8266. So you can't get any output from your board until you get the ESP8266 working well enough to start sending it over WiFi. For this reason, you might consider using SWSerial along with the SoftwareSerial library to create a serial port for the ESP8266 on different pins. Leaving pins 0 and 1 free for communication with your computer. The problem with this is that the AT firmware of the ESP8266 communicates at 115200 baud by default but SoftwareSerial will not work reliably at that high a speed. So you need to use the appropriate AT command to set the AT firmware to communicate at 9600 baud. There are instructions for that at the link provided by Juraj.

If you do chose to stick with using the hardware serial port on your Uno for the ESP8266, you should know that the WiFiEsp library has a problem for that usage because the author leaves debug output turned on by default, which is printed to Serial and interferes with communications with the ESP8266. You will need to turn off this debug output before you can use the library with this hardware configuration, as shown here:
https://github.com/bportaluri/WiFiEsp/pull/46/files
Looking at the .h file for the library I see this function
Code: [Select]

void setPixel(uint16_t poX, uint16_t poY,uint16_t color);

I did not look any further but it looks as though you can turn a single pixel on/off
Thanks but it doesn't seem to work, im not a good programmer.
This is how I implemented it.

Code: [Select]

#include "MicroLCD.h"

void setPixel(uint8_t poX, uint8_t poY,uint8_t color);

void setup(){

Init everyting

}

void loop(){

setPixel(64, 15, 255)

}

Project Guidance / Re: Determine WHICH pin is hig...
Last post by AWOL - Today at 10:09 am
There are other ways, but they're not usually clean or portable.
My apologies for the double post. I don't know how that happened. Maybe a Mod ca delete one?
Project Guidance / Re: Dual syringe pump control ...
Last post by Opolip - Today at 10:00 am
Okay, thanks for the help.

This means that I can still use 11 to 13 for the second stepper motor?
Project Guidance / Re: A Robot That Goes Waypoint...
Last post by Robin2 - Today at 09:59 am
Can you say the components i' going to use? I will buy them this week.
My strong recommendation is NOT to plan to buy all the parts now. Just buy what you need to start learning about using an Arduino. As you gain experience you will be better placed to decide what parts you should get.

The one exception to that advice may be to buy an Arduino wheeled robot kit. Don't worry if it does not have everything you think you will need. You can add (or subtract) things when you have more experience.

...R
Generale / Re: Componente eletronico
Last post by Etemenanki - Today at 09:59 am
Quello nella foto e', QUASI sicuramente (potrebbe anche essere un fotodiodo, ma fatti cosi ne ho visti pochissimi, quindi la probabilita' e' a favore del led) un led SMD "side mount" (cioe' fatto per essere montato con il lato che emette la luce di fianco, invece che in alto) ... se il tutto funziona, potrebbe essere semplicemente un'indicatore, come invece potrebbe essere un'emettitore IR per un qualche link, pero' senza avere piu informazioni e' difficile dirlo ... se usi 5V e 470 ohm, sono piu che sufficenti per illuminarlo (con la giusta polarita' ovviamente) e non si dovrebbe bruciare se lo colleghi invertito nel provarlo, perche' in genere i led reggono 7V di tensione inversa ... se in entrambi i sensi non si accende, o e' bruciato o e' IR, per vedere se e' IR devi guardarlo attraverso una telecamera (video, webcam, cellulare, quasi tute le camere sono sensibili agli IR, se non totalmente filtrate) mentre lo provi, per vedere se si accende negli IR ...

Non e' che hai una foto dello stampato da dove e' venuto via ? ... e' un punto che si affaccia verso l'esterno attraverso una qualche finestrella di plastica lucida, anche se sembra nera ?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10