Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
LEDs and Multiplexing / Re: WS2811 allways lighted up
Last post by ttecles - Today at 10:20 pm
Hi Grumpy_Mike and Paul__B,

Thanks for your time :D

I have a 60led/m and a 5 meter strip which means 300 LEDS, but I though that, as they are controlled by one driver at a time, I had to set the number to 100. Am I right?

Weird thing is once I power the LED strip I get all 3 collors lighted up. And I checked with a diod LED if it was sending somethind to the DIN pin and I can see the led blinking every time I send a message.

I am using this LED strip: and for the level shifter I am using this one

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Joan
Microcontrollers / ATMEGA328P U standalone
Last post by HannesM - Today at 10:19 pm
Hello all!

I am using an Arduino UNO to communicate with a GPS and a SIM modul. Arduino UNO is to big for my application, so I want to create my own circuit board with the ATMEGA328P U, where I just use 4 Dig Inputs.

My question now is what to do with the other digital Inputs? Should I connect them with +5V or GND?

Especially the AREF Pin- should I leave it blank or do i have to connect it with +5V or GND?

Thanks for the answers :)
Project Guidance / Re: Using 120V AC through a Br...
Last post by Paul__B - Today at 10:19 pm
My other point was that you at least need a fuse - about 1A - securely wired in series with the secondary of the transformer in order to prevent a fire when something goes wrong.  I am presuming that the transformer already comes mounted in a case to protect the AC wiring and the case is grounded with a 3 pin plug fitted.  A picture or Web link would have been reassuring.
Chrome App / Re: Cant Subscribe using Chrom...
Last post by lakesidepark - Today at 10:19 pm
Ok, I saw that, but I'm a single user in home environment without any windows computer.
But when I send the on signal, the relay clicks on then off,
Where is the relay on that schematic? How is it being driven? does it have a reverse biased diode on the coil?
How do you mean both line ends? In the lower corner baud is set to 115200 yes.

I do have a switch installed so i can pull GPIO 0 to GND to get into flashing mode too yes.

I can upload all sketches, just not able  to get the AT on there.
Hardware / Re: NodeMCU-tempi scrittura/le...
Last post by denisj - Today at 10:16 pm
Puoi alimentarlo dall'ingresso  Vin ( anche a 9V ), ma c'è il problema del led e la relativa resistenza
Li ho messo tutti d'accordo allimentanto il tutto a 7.5V :-)

Funziona tutto a meraviglia, motore, sensori ed il pulsante switch.
Lascerò tutto alimentato con il magnete su uno dei sensori per tutta la notte,
cosi, anche se rischio di bruciarne uno, capisco se resiste oppure no.
Certo nel pollaio il clima sarà diverso, ma al massimo se si brucerà, aggiungerò un altro alimentatore.

Ora invece vi chiedo un altro aiutino se possibile.
Vorrei mettere a dormire il motore se non viene usato.
Ho letto qui le specifiche del driver A4988 per il motore stepper dove dicono:
A logic low on the SLEEP pin puts the A4988
into Sleep mode.
A logic high allows normal operation, as well as start-up...

Dunque io che non so ancora tanta roba di questo mondo,
ho messo il pin SLEEP del driver, sul pin D3/GPIO0 del NodeMCU.
L'ho dichiarato come OUTPUT ed ho mandato: digitalWrite(sleepPin,HIGH);
prima di farlo girare. Ovviamente non funziona.

Qualcuno mi sa dire cosa sbaglio per favore ?
Ho cercato in rete ma tutti collegano lo SLEEP insieme al RESET
... cosi il motore e sempre alimentato.

Grazie ancora
Denis

start-up
Generale / Re: Problema con TouchScreen
Last post by filomeni - Today at 10:16 pm
Sempre grazie per la risposta...
Il delay era commentato... ho sbagliato a decommentarlo.
Comunque anche senza delay il mal funzionamento rimane. La cosa del millis non l'ho provata, quindi ritardare la funzione con millis a un secondo.
Ci provo e vediamo... Ora mi vado a ficcare ;-)
Ciao
Preamble: I am not an Electrical Engineer

Yes, I think you are understanding for the most part. You can go ahead and hook up your circuit and your Arduino will probably be safe from blowing up.

Without a separate power supply, I don't know that the Arduino can drive enough current to all your solenoids at once. By using the relays you are adding an extra inductor (with basically the same needs to drive it as the actual thing you want to drive, the solenoid).

So for testing purposes I think you are cool to try out driving a solenoid, but for practical purposes I think you might find that you won't be able to drive all of them at once with the hardware you presented.

Epilog: I am not an Electrical Engineer
Megatopic / Re: Modulo Wi-Fi ESP8266
Last post by Matteosoft - Today at 10:15 pm
Si la banda non è importante, devo solo dare uno straccio di connessione a mia suocera che sta nell'appartamento affianco, e che al massimo lo userà per qualche ricerca su internet e/o per whatsapp. Gli ho già regalato un repeater di quelli commerciali che hanno una buona velocità, ma a lei non serve. A me invece servirebbe riprendermelo :)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10