Go Down

Topic: RTC and relay active during hours (Read 320 times) previous topic - next topic

odometer

I'm following along because I want to detect and compensate for a power failure that causes my automatic (well it will be one day) cat feeder to miss a feeding…
For that, you might want to use EEPROM to keep track of when the cat was last fed.

How long a power outage are you concerned about? Here in the northeast U.S., it is by no means impossible for the power to be out for days at a time. It doesn't happen very often, but it happens often enough that you might want a backup power supply for your feeder.

alto777

That's an excellent suggestion. A backup power supply is a better place to put the solution.

Please be assured that it will not be days at a time the responsibility of my feeder to take care of my cat! But I did want to have a good chance of eliminating failure. Riding out little and not so small outrages is def the way to go.

Not for this forum, but I have to say I'll also have to outwit the cat. He has shown great intelligence and creativity when it comes to getting more than his share. Of everything.

a7

odometer

Not for this forum, but I have to say I'll also have to outwit the cat. He has shown great intelligence and creativity when it comes to getting more than his share. Of everything.
If you weren't satisfied with what you were getting, and you had all the time in the world to think, I'm sure that you would come up with an idea or two.

TomGeorge

Like dogs, they have tons of spare time to workout us humans and how to make the most of us... :o :o

Tom... :)
Everything runs on smoke, let the smoke out, it stops running....

Go Up