Running Arduino Micro 24/7

phthomps:
Hi,
Could you please tell me if its recommended/safe to run an Arduino micro 24/7 in a home environment?
So far I have 1 setup but would like to use 5 of them to control roller blinds in my house, my setup works as follows:

• Arduino Micro (input power 12v from switching adapter vin/gnd)
  • Qik 2s9v1 to control 2 motors when activated(1 motor is on each blind), it also uses the same 12v power from the power supply
  • 2 reflectance sensors (only active when the motor moves to auto stop the blind)
  • 1 Infrared receiver

When not in use, the void loop performs some logic checks and is listening for an infrared signal (using IRremote libary)
Also, would it be better to use less voltage for the input or is this not important?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Paul

I have my home thermostat system running via Arduino along with remote temperature Arduino modules that all run 24/7 without issue. All have their own power source, the thermostat Arduino uses the furnace voltage supply and the remote modules plug into wall sockets. I use Teensy 2.0 instead of Arduino for size/power/price reasons. But, it's the same ATmega microcontroller so it will work the same.

I also have a few systems that block rooms for dogs via an ultrasonic transducer for both detection as well as ultrasonic alarm so it only bothers the dogs, not humans.

In both cases, zero problems running 24/7. Never a crash. Even working in solar power as some use such low current even household lighting could power the system.

Tim