Ebay great deals

Hi
How about posting links for very cheap items on ebay? There are so many great deals for only few cents! but there is a catch they cant be find by search and sometimes you can only buy 1 item from seller .

Sometime ago I bought a usb cable for 5 c with shipping (Yes I did receive it:D)

Yesterday i saw a keyrings for 9 c from this seller | eBay

Seems like a good thread idea. I only have some RGB leds to list right now... They come with free resistors for both 5 volts and 12 volts. They are very bright and high quality! They come out to be a little under $0.20 each for one RGB led, and two resistors. That's a pretty good deal in my eyes!

There is this one place were you can get green laser pointers for 99c including shipping, but i cant rember it.

Thank you :smiley:
Take look on this :slight_smile:
http://cgi.ebay.pl/100-X-5mm-Red-Green-Blue-Yellow-White-LED-Light-Bulbs-/170518707951?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_BOI_Electrical_Components_Supplies_ET&hash=item27b3b4feef

http://cgi.ebay.com/1PCS-High-power-1W-White-LED-Lamp-Light-70Lm-free-ship-/170512053353?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27b34f7469

1W leds for $1.20 each including shipping!!!
That is like 3 dollars off of sparkfun, and free shipping.

These jumper wires are perfect for us bread boarders. :stuck_out_tongue: I know I've posted about these a few times but I can't say enough good stuff about them.

Help keep bread boards MUCH cleaner :smiley: I've only found 1 person who sells them, and they're an awesome seller, never waited longer than 4 days for my package.

http://cgi.ebay.com/140x-solderless-breadboard-WIRE-PIN-JUMPER-Jump-Wires-/360139938200?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53da035998#ht_3998wt_1013

They also have some good deals on cheap LEDs and other goodies. :slight_smile:

they're an awesome seller, never waited longer than 4 days for my package.

I LOVE FCB_Electronics! They're fantastic in every way! Their customer service is amazing, products are high quality, and they're just really nice people :). I buy stuff from them ALL THE TIME.

I have no direct experience with FCB electronics, but looking at their ebay shop I noticed this:

Courtesy Notice

Purchase at FCB only if you will leave ALL 5 stars DSR.

By necessity, any none 5 stars DSR giver will be blocked from future buying.

Malicious attackers will be reported to ebay without fail.

Isn't that a bit unusual (I assume DSR is detailed seller rating)?

Andrew

Isn't that a bit unusual (I assume DSR is detailed seller rating)?

Well so far it sounds like maybe they deserve it but if I am going to leave negative feedback to a seller then I will. It doesn't make any difference what they say. If their product or service is crap then I won't buy from them again anyway.

You often find that they then send you vaguely english messages back pleading for a better rating and telling you they'll make it all better but if it's crap to start with then that's what I am rating.

Mowcius

That is a bit of a forceful policy but think of it this way. If you were to have a bad enough experience with a seller that you wanted to leave negative feedback, you probably wouldn't desire to buy from them again anyways.

It still seems a bit petty. I am wondering if it's not against eBay's policy.

If you were to have a bad enough experience with a seller that you wanted to leave negative feedback, you probably wouldn't desire to buy from them again anyways.

Normally yes I suppose. It might be that you get a bad product or something but you know from experience that their products are good.

The feedback system is what has made ebay so bad over recent years.

I am wondering if it's not against eBay's policy.

Probably is.

Probably is.

I agree. I wouldn't buy from a seller who says that anyway.

I'm very wary of ebay since I bought an "as new" popcorn maker that came with a chunk missing from the side. I contacted the seller and was told that I should've asked if it was in tact, and that if I left bad feedback he'd leave bad feedback for me. What's the point in that?

What bothered me about it was that's it's not saying he'll ban you if you leave negative feedback, it's saying (I think) he'll ban you if you don't give five out of five stars on all the detailed seller rating categories, and that does seem petty.

Andrew

I'm very wary of ebay since I bought an "as new" popcorn maker that came with a chunk missing from the side. I contacted the seller and was told that I should've asked if it was in tact, and that if I left bad feedback he'd leave bad feedback for me. What's the point in that?

Well that sounds like one awful ebay seller to me.

The system is f**ked though

As f*cked up the eBay rating system is, it's a lot better then no rating.

In the Netherlands we have "Marktplaats", it's a site similar to eBay, for selling second-hand and new stuff to consumers. It's mostly orientated on consumer-to-consumer not business-to-consumer. Marktplaats doesn't have any rating system, and if you bid on an item you are not required to buy the item. The result is a lot of fake bids, and more often then not people who make an appointment to take a look at the stuff you are selling do not show up. It's really frustrating. Especially because this is the leading site in the Netherlands. eBay couldn't beat them (so they bought them ;)).

I am wondering if it's not against eBay's policy.

If they are incorprated (In the US atleast), then they can refuse service to any coustmer period, as long as they post that they can.
If they are doing that, I don't think ebay would have a say.
But ebay does reserve the same right to refuse service.
Its confusing.

These jumper wires are perfect for us bread boarders. I know I've posted about these a few times but I can't say enough good stuff about them.

I find it a few bucks cheaper to buy a boat load of resisters and lop the leads off.

It's a little forceful sounding, but you have to understand their reasoning.

Any seller is charged (excessive) fees if their average rating drops below a threshold (something like 4.7?), and it could really destroy their business. I doubt that they'd actually refuse to sell to you (I mean, a sale is a sale), but they'd sure be upset.

It still seems a bit petty.

A bit, yes. But ebay has changed their policies such that sellers with less-than-absolutely-perfect ratings get less-favorable placement in the listings, and possibly (I'm not sure about this) less-favorable fees.

I haven't paid that much attention, because I only sell on ebay intermittently as a sort-of "online garage sale". But I remember reading the announcement a while back, and thinking some things that would get me banned here if I didn't wear out my punctuation keys transcribing them. ::slight_smile: It completely put me off the idea of setting up an ebay-based business.

Edit: I'll second the remarks of CaptainObvious below: despite the off-putting "warning", I bought from FCB last year because they offer the same items as some of the Chinese sellers, with much faster service and a very small increase in cost. I was pleased enough to go back for more, and would again. I'll tolerate grumpiness for great prices and service. :slight_smile: