Go Down

Topic: Coffee grinder timer project help required (Read 3477 times) previous topic - next topic

Jimbean

Hi there I'm attempting to build a coffee grinder timer project from GitHub
https://github.com/Espressobar/arduino-grind-timer
I've got no experience with arduino I've followed loads to tutorials about loading library's I've managed to load the 3 files from the lib folder into the arduino library but I'm really struggling to load the file on to the arduino uno would someone be able to load the GitHub file on to my arduino uno if yes how much would this cost many thanks Jimbean

patduino

Hi Jimbean,

Have you been able to load anything on your Uno?  What have you been able to do so far?

Pat
There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary, and those that don't.

Jimbean

hi Pat thanks for the reply i've only loaded the blink program from the examples and played around with the speed of the blink then jumped strait in lol
im not sure what im doing wrong one thing i can never find the grinder_timer_1_1.ino file there is a file called src that has sperate ino files for button oled encoder ect .i have just noticed there was someone posted an issue on the github project i linked to that sound like a similar problem i have when i try and upload the 3 files from the libary
this is the error message im getting many thanks jim
Arduino: 1.8.5 (Windows 7), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Uno"

In file included from C:\Users\Colin\Documents\Arduino\sketch_oct20a_AGT\sketch_oct20a_AGT.ino:5:0:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\DigoleSerial/DigoleSerial.h:7:26: fatal error: ../Wire/Wire.h: No such file or directory

#include "../Wire/Wire.h"

^

compilation terminated.

Multiple libraries were found for "EEPROM.h"
 Used: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\libraries\EEPROM
 Not used: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\EEPROM
exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Uno.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

patduino

For the "Wire.h" error: look to see if you have a directory called "Wire" in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\DigoleSerial

and if so, verify that there is a file called "Wire.h"

Alternatively -- or even better -- edit his "DigoleSerial.h" file and replace the offending line with:

#include <Wire.h>

This'll just reference the Wire.h library you should have in your libraries folder, not one he tucked away in his.
There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary, and those that don't.

Jimbean

hi Pat thanks for the reply ive opened the file in : C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\DigoleSerial with file viewer plus and edited and saved the line
#include "../Wire/Wire.h
to
#include <Wire.h>
im really half guessing at what im doing and a bit out of my remit to say the least lol but i loaded the 3 files from the libraries but is coming up with a new error its more than likely me doing something wrong ive put a advert in my local gumtree/craigslist to see if someone can load it on the uno so i can just assemble and fit the parts many thanks jim
Arduino: 1.8.5 (Windows 7), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Uno"

In file included from C:\Users\COLINB~1\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_modified_sketch_905466\sketch_oct23a.ino:6:0:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\DigoleSerial/sampledata.h:1:1: error: 'prog_uchar' does not name a type

prog_uchar startscreenLV[1024] PROGMEM={

^

In file included from C:\Users\COLINB~1\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_modified_sketch_905466\sketch_oct23a.ino:6:0:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\DigoleSerial/sampledata.h:11:1: error: 'prog_uchar' does not name a type

prog_uchar startscreenMV[1024] PROGMEM={

^

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\DigoleSerial/sampledata.h:22:1: error: 'prog_uchar' does not name a type

prog_uchar startscreenMZ[1024] PROGMEM={

^

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\DigoleSerial/sampledata.h:34:1: error: 'prog_uchar' does not name a type

prog_uchar userfont1[1423] PROGMEM={0,9,15,0,253,10,1,232,3,214,32,127,253,12,253,11,

^

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\DigoleSerial/sampledata.h:124:1: error: 'prog_uchar' does not name a type

prog_uchar userfont3[] PROGMEM={

^

Multiple libraries were found for "EEPROM.h"
 Used: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\libraries\EEPROM
 Not used: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\EEPROM
exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Uno.

option enabled in File -> Preferences.

patduino

wow.  it looks like there are a number of errors in the files or in your setup somewhere.  I'm not sure where to start other than to hope that your Craig's List help can help.

Maybe someone else can copy the same files and try to recreate your development environment.

Jimbean

Yeah wow hahaha I don't want to give up on this I will leave it a week and come back to it (hopefully someone might have answered my Craigslist by then lol) It has got me interested in doing a bit more basic electrical stuff with it and I've ordered some parts to get started thanks for taking an interest Pat I realise it was a tall order :) I'll report back if I manage to get it up and running many thanks Jim

Jimbean

ok ive come back to this after a bit more research i think im getting a little closer
after loading the 3 files to the library i then went back to the src file which contains the ino files and opened Grinder_Timer_1_1.ino and for the first time all the code appeared in the sketch but when verified it couldn't find the library after a little googling i have started fresh made a new folder in arduino library put all files in that folder and renamed it Grinder_Timer_1_1 it contains the 3 main files  Digoleserial EEPROM Encoder together with all the ino files from the src folder
then in ide i go to file open Grinder_Timer_1_1.ino the scetch loads with code but when veryifing i get this error about the encoder
Arduino: 1.6.5 (Windows 7), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Uno"

Grinder_Timer_1_1.ino:14:21: fatal error: Encoder.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
Error compiling.

enabled in File > Preferences.
any ideas welcome many thanks james

Go Up