Got wrong pitch FQFP MCU - possible to make a save?

JoeN:
Hey, I think Crossroads may be right on this. It's pretty close - the footprint is different but it looks like it is compatible. This is from DipTrace. This is the QFP32 7mm/7mm/0.5mm and QFN32 5mm/5mm/0.5mm footprints side by side. The problem here is that Diptrace doesn't show the exact outline of the package itself so if you imagine a worst case scenario here the QFN's pins might be just inside the radius of the QFP's traces. But it may be OK too.

Very kind of you to put that image up - thank you for that. By CrossRoad's help it's clear to me now that I'll have to try and get a QFP32 and try and solder it.

JoeN:
A caviat is that QFNs are not as easy to solder as QFPs so keep that in mind. I hot air solder them myself and inspect them under a microscope.

I shudder at the notion - I've never worked with them before. But there's a first time for everything. Hot air and paste at the ready, then.

JoeN:
I have use Atmel's QFN32 5mm/5mm/0.5mm packages. Too bad I don't have a PCB with a QFP32 7mm/7mm/0.5mm footprint on it otherwise I would see if it would work out for you.

Again, that's awfully kind of you - thank a lot. I might contact you in the case I need a bit of advice in regards to the soldering - would that be ok with you?