Confused about Lithium Ion

Are you just trolling?

robert_tork:
And when I mentioned both Arduino boards and the Pi I wasn't necessarily meaning I'd run both on the same power source

"And later on I wanna use the same alternative for a Raspberry Pi"
That sure sounds like you want to use chose a power source and use it for both Arduino boards and a Raspberry Pi.

robert_tork:
I just wanted to state I'd be requiring both the nowadays oh-so-common 5V (RPI, Uno) and the back-in-the-day common 3.3V (Due). Although I do know 3.3V is common for microcontrollers.

I think you have your timeframes backwards.

robert_tork:
who screwed me over -to put in very mild words- with the amazing service of UPS International that basically charged me more in handling taxes than the price of the product itself

UPS doesn't charge Taxes, Governments do.

robert_tork:
What this means is that I must order things in a way that I won't be requiring extra, or else I have to resort to obtain them locally

For the second time, where is locally?

robert_tork:
With that said, I'm going to order some parts from SparkFun and Digikey, and I'm ordering the batteries as well

"I don't live in the US and getting stuff is not that easy wherever I live." So US sources are back on the table?

robert_tork:
I know for some of you that might seem ridiculous as you can make 10 orders a month from several "local" shops (local being Amazon, Digikey, etc etc) and you don't worry for anything else. For us, people who import, things are different, so just try to imagine it's hard, that's all.

You're making some pretty big assumptions in these statements which isn't true for most of the people on this forum. You seem to like guessing at what people are thinking. Maybe that's why you won't give any actual details because you expect everyone to guess what you are thinking/doing?

robert_tork:
I'm not worried that this project (or projects actually) will run 24/7 for a year

This might be the first actual requirement you've stated so far.

Your long strings of useless commentary and seemingly contradictory statements is making it difficult to find your actual questions. Good luck on your project, whatever it is since you apparently won't say.