Typos in Arduino reference documentation

I'd like to help improve the quality of the Arduino documentation by pointing out typos in the English Arduino documentation. I would be happy to edit the files that are locally installed during the Arduino IDE installation and sharing the files with someone from time to time unless there is some other preferred method of reporting errors and typos.

Yeah, us too.
Contact The Arduino Team listed on the home page, see if they're willing to accept the help.

I just emailed the webmaster for arduino.cc for instructions on submitting website changes. If I get a response, I'll post it here.

I've been waiting for a couple changes for at least a month. I posted them here on the forum. I have another I would like to submit now, but I don't want to feel like I am wasting my time.

Maybe we are supposed to email them?
O forse le modifiche devono essere presentate in Italiano?

It also amazes me that the off-line reference documentation does not match the on-line version. Specific example is the extra protocol selection for Serial.begin that has been documented on-line since at least IDE 1.0.3 but even with IDE 1.0.5 it is still not in the off-line reference.

I guess I am wasting my time. Two days and no email response from the webmaster. :frowning:

SurferTim:
I guess I am wasting my time. Two days and no email response from the webmaster. :frowning:

It's a real shame that people are willing to assist but nobody in charge seems to care. Not sure if it's just plain indifference (documentation does not pay there salaries), a fear of loosing control or something else.

The forum and the webmaster are not the appropriate places to report issues with documentation, which are treated like bugs. Please check if it's already known by looking at Issues · arduino/Arduino · GitHub, and if it's not known, add it to the list.

You can also email documentation@arduino.cc

As for this specific request regarding the offline docs, it's already being looked into.

ThisIsMyName:
The forum and the webmaster are not the appropriate places to report issues with documentation, which are treated like bugs.

That is not correct. The forum in this topic and an email to webmaster@arduino.cc is the correct procedure. Every change I have submitted in that way has been corrected. The delay above was caused by a webmaster on vacation. :wink: