When is Due is due?

So when do you expect the factory will provide you with the 2-layer design files so you can release them to all of us?

And did the factory really forget to tell you they had changed from the 4-layer board design you provided them to a 2-layer design for actual production? This would strike me as quite a remarkable thing.

The first inkling something had changed must have been the invoice in that case -- it must have been a pleasant surprise to see the price adjustment to reflect the significantly cheaper manufacturing process. :slight_smile:

And then of course there is the mystery of those RTC crystals just disappearing entirely from some production boards, but not others. I guess the factory must have much more discretion about such things than I would have guessed.

In the meantime we have the curious situation where a board is advertised as "open hardware source", and yet at this point in time no-one (including the original board designers) can get hold of the actual design files used for the actual production version(s). An interesting (but hopefully not long-lived) state of affairs.