Arduino MEGA Pinout Diagram

NEWS!
After a long time I came back. smiley-grin
I'm redrawing all cards with a new graphics. For those who follow me on twitter is not news!
Here the pinout of ATMEGA2560 shortly the Mega pinout

http://t.co/Od41VYfeVa

and the mega pinout:

http://pighixxx.com/megapdf.pdf

Hi All,
as promised, after the version of arduino uno, here is the diagram of Mega:

NEW Version 2.0

Download Arduino MEGA v2

(old versions)

Drawing is 1:1.

for those who asked me, the version with the pin number (not 1:1)

and the Pinout of ATMega2560

Download as PDF, PDF with pin number
and the ATMega 2560 Pinout PDF.

This is a "beta versions" then any suggestion or correction is accepted. :slight_smile:

Fantastic!
So the printout can be used like your other version for lamination?, so cool!

Thank you!

neslekkim:
Fantastic!
So the printout can be used like your other version for lamination?, so cool!

Yes :smiley:

Thanks again.

Once again great work!

I've updated the diagram. (First post)
I'm checking the serial because there is something wrong ... :*

New version online.
Serial corrected.

Thank you again! Can't +1 karma you within one hour. Have to wait.

Power limit is incorrect - its 200mA per VCC or GND pin - there are 4 of each, so 800mA would be the MAX.

Other chips are the same too - 200mA per VCC/AVCC pin, the total load spread over the ports supports that.
See the "Electrical characteristics" section of the datasheets.

CrossRoads:
Power limit is incorrect - its 200mA per VCC or GND pin - there are 4 of each, so 800mA would be the MAX.

I'm working on, thanks!

Many thanks, these way of presenting info is really great, helpful and easy to read

CrossRoads:

Other chips are the same too - 200mA per VCC/AVCC pin, the total load spread over the ports supports that.
See the "Electrical characteristics" section of the datasheets.

We have discussed this before without reaching agreement as it seems to be based on how one interprets the datasheet. I'm still of the opinion that no AVR 8 bit chip would allow a total device current draw of 800ma and have never seen that total number (800ma) used in any avr datasheet.

Take the 328P for example.
Datasheet in electrical absolute maximum ratings section:

DC Current VCC and GND Pins................................. 200.0mA

Note they say 'Pins' not Pin, so I feel the 200ma value is the maximum total chip current consumption limit.

Comments from any welcomed, I was wrong once before. :smiley:

Lefty

It's a beautiful thing! I had recently Googled for the longest time and found some pics of pins, some pics of pin numbers, and still other with different bits of info. This is what I had been searching for. Everything in one place.

Thank you!!!

Hello!

I Love your work and the help you give us !!! Thank you

May I would suggest to add the PIN numbers as they are printed on the PCB (you did this on the UNO Reference), this would be easier to use if you don´t screw your Arduino to the printout :wink:

Thanks in advance

Matthias

Suggestion:

once you are done.. create a post/thread that has all your work collectively posted?

(maybe even a sticky once done?) :wink:

Current totals follow the current allowed by the different ports.

1. Although each I/O port can sink more than the test conditions (20mA at VCC = 5V, 10mA at VCC = 3V) under steady state
    conditions (non-transient), the following must be observed:

ATmega640/1280/2560:
1.)The sum of all IOL, for ports J0-J7, A0-A7, G2 should not exceed 200 mA.
2.)The sum of all IOL, for ports C0-C7, G0-G1, D0-D7, L0-L7 should not exceed 200 mA.
3.)The sum of all IOL, for ports G3-G4, B0-B7, H0-B7 should not exceed 200 mA.
4.)The sum of all IOL, for ports E0-E7, G5 should not exceed 100 mA.
5.)The sum of all IOL, for ports F0-F7, K0-K7 should not exceed 100 mA.
If IOL exceeds the test condition, VOL may exceed the related specification. Pins are not guaranteed to sink current greater
than the listed test condition.

That totals 800mA. There is nothing that says if you draw 200mA in one group that you then can't draw it in another.
So this thinking of only 200mA total is nonsense.

Similar numbers apply to the 328 & 1284.

That totals 800mA. There is nothing that says if you draw 200mA in one group that you then can't draw it in another.
So this thinking of only 200mA total is nonsense.

LOL, we've had this same discussion before.

There is nothing that says if you draw 200mA in one group that you then can't draw it in another.

There is also nothing stating that you can take the sum, of all those individual port limits, as the maxiumum chip current draw limit. And no where in the datasheet does it state that 800 ma of total current draw is allowed. And of course as I've stated before the absolute maximum section lists the 200 ma figure. Why would they state 200ma there if it only applied to one port? Your assumption, and it is just an assumption, is in error, IMHO.

But that is why I would like others to comment on the subject, as you and I. while still respectful of each other's opinion, have not been able to come to consensus on the matter now or in the past.

Lefty

They state the Vcc and Gnd PinS are 200mA. Do you suppose they use wimpier wire in a 2560 vs a 328 so that only 200mA is allowed? I think not.

ATMega 2560 Pinout is on line on first post.
New version of Arduino MEGA.